Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/12/2003 6:13:34 PM EDT
So far as I know, Kel-Tec hasn't even released any production models for review yet but I'm already wondering if it might make a nice (translation: cheap) addition to the collection.

Just a neat, compact, knock-around camping gun that won't break what's left of the bank. Sort of a Mini-14 with reliable mags and fold-in-half design.

Anybody else thinking about the "sport utility" carbine? Hearing anything about the reliability and accuracy?
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 6:19:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Can you say butt ugly ............

...........I'll stick to my AR15's
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 7:00:08 PM EDT
[#2]
They are neat, I might find a place for it sometime.
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 7:51:27 PM EDT
[#3]
I was thinking that it might make a decent backpack rifle, if the price was right. I'll wait until I hear several good revues on it.

Does anyone know if it will accept AR mags? The black and white photo in the American Rifleman kind of looked like an AR mag in the stock. The mag in this photo looks blue.

A local dealer said that he sells alot of the 9mm and .40 cal models, none have had complaints. It will be interesting to see how it holds up to a more powerful round.

I agree, it's ugly, but that's never stopped me before.
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 10:58:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Ill be buying one as soon as my local store has them. Then sending it to a gunsmith to have that butt ugly front sight removed & the Brl cut to 16". put a Bushnell Holosite II on it and beat the hell out of it.
Link Posted: 5/13/2003 6:22:53 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Does anyone know if it will accept AR mags? The black and white photo in the American Rifleman kind of looked like an AR mag in the stock. The mag in this photo looks blue.

I heard that does, but Id also like to know for sure.
Link Posted: 5/13/2003 8:27:01 AM EDT
[#6]
Can you say wussy barrel that looks like a straw. Mabey Im the only person that puts 500 plus rounds through a gun at a time but whatever.
Link Posted: 5/13/2003 7:04:24 PM EDT
[#7]
LOL! Amen to the butt-ugly aspect, especially that damned Eiffel Tower front sight. But it *does* take AR mags (traded emails with the folks @ KelTec to confirm), I won't feel guilty beating the crap out of it (not like I'll make it uglier) and it'll fit pretty well in the backpack, behind the truck seat, etc.

Of course, the above optimism is contingent on it being ~ $400, reliable and open-sight accurate out to at least 100 yards.

The only K-T experience I have is my P32, which has been a surprisingly great little pocket gun. Haven't looked into their pistol-caliber carbines, so I don't really know what their track record is on long guns.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top