Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/11/2003 9:07:08 PM EDT
I know it can be done...but what all needs to be done.

What needs to be cut, drilled, replaced and so on.

edited to add:  I saw this on Armalite's site:

AR-10 Magazine Conversion Kit with Box
includes magazine body, follower and plunger  EA5085 $30.00

What all do I need to use the above also.

Thanks
TS
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 9:11:40 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I know it can be done...but what all needs to be done.

What needs to be cut, drilled, replaced and so on.

edited to add:  I saw this on Armalite's site:

AR-10 Magazine Conversion Kit with Box
includes magazine body, follower and plunger  EA5085 $30.00

What all do I need to use the above also.

Thanks
TS

AFAIK, nothing. You just insert your old spring and floorplate into the new body, along with the new follower and plunger, and you have a "new" AR10 mag.
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 9:17:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Go the $30 route.

All you do is move your spring and floorplate.  The kit comes with a new follower (required)

To mod a M14 mag take a lot of work, dremel in two places, and to get bolt hold open you have to make your own followers....  not worth the trouble, the conversions kits are the shiznit.
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 9:38:28 PM EDT
[#3]
So can I use the Cheap USA type m14 mags floorplates and springs in the Armalite kit?
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 3:14:14 AM EDT
[#4]
www.biggerhammer.net/stoner/sr25var10/magazines.html

Here's a close up of a AR10 converted M14 magazine.
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 4:56:50 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
So can I use the Cheap USA type m14 mags floorplates and springs in the Armalite kit?

I did.  I bought the $13 chinese/USA M14 mags at cheaper than dirt, and used those.  The springs are not the best, you have to do some work on them, and the floorplates are flimsy as hell, but they work just fine.

Using the kit, you get a new very good quality body, and the new follower, and those are the most important.

If I have any trouble, I will just order some new USGI springs.
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 6:51:41 AM EDT
[#6]
I have a few El Cheapo M14 mags that I plan to convert. I paid $15/ea at www.Tapco.com. Not too long ago, they were $10/ea.
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 7:55:34 AM EDT
[#7]
Id convert. That way if you ever buy an M14 you got something to use in it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top