Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/7/2003 7:08:46 PM EDT
In Shotgun News, I commonly scan a small ad saying that the SL8 is no longer being imported. Well, how will HK's new factory here in america affect this rifle? Will it be offered here in the US? Is their any info on HK's american made product line?

Link Posted: 5/7/2003 7:50:17 PM EDT
[#1]
I would guess that maybe HK is waiting to see how 04' turns out to decide in what direction it's going to go with it's product line.
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 8:00:51 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I would guess that maybe HK is waiting to see how 04' turns out to decide in what direction it's going to go with it's product line.

doubt that. the SL8 is imported so the outcome of the AWB wont matter. if it went out way they could produce semi G36s in the states, but they could produce fixed stock 36s right now if they cared about the american gunowner enough.

im thinking the sl8 just didnt move enough to keep it going.
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 1:45:17 PM EDT
[#3]
HK seems to have "colted" out. They dont really seem to care about anything but handguns in the US.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top