Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/1/2003 9:57:42 AM EDT
I was looking at a few NC Star (New Century) scopes at a gunshow and I was wondering if they are any good.

They looked really clear and the one I liked had a lit retical. I had never heard of them before so I didn't buy it since I didn't know if they are good scopes or just junk.

I would use it for a 270 rifle if they are any count.

Anyone have one or know anything about them?
Link Posted: 5/2/2003 8:14:44 AM EDT
[#1]
I broke one with my FAL (one of its nicknames is "scope-killer" now...)  Spend a bit more for something that will live longer.  On a 270 you'll still have enough recoil to hurt it, over time.
Link Posted: 5/3/2003 3:36:51 PM EDT
[#2]
They're Chinese, and you get what you pay for.  I'm surpised you thought the view was clear, but I'll bet your assessment will change if you look through the NCStar and a Weaver, Burris, of Leupold at the same time.
Link Posted: 5/3/2003 8:28:39 PM EDT
[#3]
The NC Star scopes are ok for $25 scopes.  They don't compare well to $400 scopes though. <G>

Dennis Jenkins

Quoted:
They're Chinese, and you get what you pay for.  I'm surpised you thought the view was clear, but I'll bet your assessment will change if you look through the NCStar and a Weaver, Burris, of Leupold at the same time.

Link Posted: 5/4/2003 5:16:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Yeah I know its no Leupold scope but I hate paying $700 to $1000 for a scope when I can take that money and buy another nice gun. To me thats just stupidity.

To be honest I usually put BSA or Simmons scopes on alot of my beat around rifles. I put a Simmons 3-9X40 scope on my FAL and it has always held zero and been a good scope. Not to mention I bought it new for $30 bucks..lol

I know alot of you guys swear by Leupold but I just can't bring myself to paying that much money for something that'll do what a $100 dollar scope will do. I mean I'm no swat sniper or competition shooter so it doesn't really matter to me. I just want a good scope that will handle the recoil and not lose its zero and I'm happy.

I might just try one of the NC scopes on my ruger 10/22. I'm sure it could handle the recoil on that..lol

Thanks for the info guys.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top