Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/9/2003 11:49:33 AM EDT
First off. I confess to using 3 point "tactical" slings on many of my rifles/carbines.

I was on the LightFighter Tactical Forum reading
disscussions regarding to how one using a3point sling can be used as a "lever/pulley and swung into a bulkhead if a trained hostile grabs your weapon."

Further more exist many different ways
techniques
of how one can use your weapon and 3point sling against you resulting in you being: "beaten,trussed,rolled,thrown,retained,bludgeoned,
strangled,controlled and otherwise painfully manipulated with your own carbine,shotgun or SMG because it's strapped to your person" as one
so colorfully put it. He also stated that the
Esteemed Ken J. Good of Strategos(AR15.com member) demonstrates these techniques to his students.

It never occured to me before but now I have seen the light as to how one can become a victim of his
own weapon and means of 3 point retention.

My questions are regarding  the means used to execute these these techniques,
If anyone knows-Perhaps(don't mean to put you
on the spot)if the esteemed Ken J Good could
explain or demonstrate some techniques online-
It would be greatly appreciated.

Link Posted: 1/9/2003 1:02:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Weapon retention in CQB scenarios should be drilled and drilled and drilled. Regardless of what type of sling you have or no sling at all. If a BG gets his hand on your weapon you are in an uphill battle.

No need to thank me for stating the obvious, I do it all the time.
Link Posted: 1/9/2003 1:11:14 PM EDT
[#2]
My feeling is any sling, or your other gear for that matter, can be used against you if a BG gets hold of it.  Once a hostile grabs hold of your equipment, he usually has the advantage.  The only way to prevent this is to retain control of your gear.  The only way to do that is use proper techniques when in close quarters and be as aware of your envirionment as humanly possible.

I don't see how a three point sling can be used against you and not any other type.  Anything that is wrapped around some part of your body can be used to throw you off balance or used to pull.drag, or otherwise interfere with your stance.  I would think Ken J. Good only demonstrates the ways you can be hurt in order to get students to be extra aware of what is going on around them so that a BG can't gain control of the situation.
Link Posted: 1/9/2003 1:27:40 PM EDT
[#3]
My 3 point sling has a quick release buckle.  I wonder if that may be one solution to get out of a situation like that; but if the bg has hold of your weapon, you really don't want to let it go so he can use the business end against you.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top