Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/9/2003 11:06:40 AM EDT
I read an article about these rifles here recently.  Are these rifles still available at all?  Does anyone have any experience with these rifles at all.  It looked pretty fun to shoot.  Anyone know what kind of quality they are or anything?  Thanks in advance!
Link Posted: 1/9/2003 11:38:37 AM EDT
[#1]
I dont know about PA but in michigan we have a sporting goods store called Dunhams that usually stocks them.  Most are a little banged up but with a little TLC and CLP will work just fine.  Last I looked in on them, they were just under 300$

Keving67
Link Posted: 1/9/2003 2:48:57 PM EDT
[#2]
SOG Southern Ohio Guns had them until recently.  Might try Empire Arms and Allan's Armory.

Dennis Jenkins

Quoted:
I read an article about these rifles here recently.  Are these rifles still available at all?  Does anyone have any experience with these rifles at all.  It looked pretty fun to shoot.  Anyone know what kind of quality they are or anything?  Thanks in advance!

Link Posted: 1/9/2003 3:48:15 PM EDT
[#3]
What round does it shoot? If it is the same as the mas 36 ammo is spendy. $8.00 bucks or so for 15 rounds, maybe more. Check the price of ammo first.
Link Posted: 1/9/2003 5:09:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Is that the bolt action or the autoloader? I always forget.
Link Posted: 1/9/2003 8:40:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Here's something interesting to add a little spice to this thread...

www.gokart.net/shop-utopia/mccann/rifles/mas/mas.html
Link Posted: 1/9/2003 11:18:20 PM EDT
[#6]
MAS rifles are generally in excellent shape as well. Most have never been fired and dropped only once!

That Mcann mod sure looks interesting.
Link Posted: 1/10/2003 2:28:22 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
That Mcann mod sure looks interesting.

Doesn't it? Initially before I enlarged the pic I could've sworn I was looking at a DPMS or something. Odd.
Link Posted: 1/10/2003 5:30:09 AM EDT
[#8]
The 49/56 is the autoloader.

The 36 is the bolt.

I see them everywhere, but 7.5mm French is pricy. I wish I could take my '36 out more often.

Av.

EDIT: Ammo is FRENCH, not Swiss. I had just bought some 10.5mm Swiss, duh!!

Av.
Link Posted: 1/10/2003 5:44:05 AM EDT
[#9]
The rifles are still fairly common at the gunshows around here.  Problem is ammo.  I actually think there may be more rifles in circulation than the 7.5 French ammo (different than 7.5 Swiss).  Most of what's out there is corrosive and fairly expensive for surplus military ammo.  I believe 6.5 Swede brass can be converted for those so inclined.  Some of the rifles have been convereted to 308 but I can't see that as a good idea.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top