Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/8/2003 3:33:34 AM EDT
I am considering buying one of these, just not sure on guage yet.

It would be an 'all-rounder' (ie: slug-target, home defense, and yes... even clays)

If anyone out there owns or has owned one, or if your opinion of them is just so strong you can't hold back, I'd love to hear them all.

Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 1/8/2003 10:04:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Just like the AK they fire when you pull the trigger.

My mother always told me that if you don't have nothing nice to say do not say anything at all.

MIKE.
Link Posted: 1/9/2003 4:45:23 AM EDT
[#2]
I shot the 12 gauge version of the Saiga on New Years Day.
It's a nice gun for the price, and you can even bump-fire it.
You can't shoot slugs due to the internal choke, the guy that owns it is going to have a couple inches cut off the front end to bring it to minimum length and to get rid of the choke so he can shoot slugs.
Link Posted: 1/9/2003 10:08:10 AM EDT
[#3]
Well I seem to have misplaced my issue of Guns&Ammo in which they did an extensive review of the Saiga. And somehow I remember them firing slugs in the test gun(?). But anyways, they said its a great gun. Get one.
Link Posted: 1/9/2003 10:40:30 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/9/2003 9:16:41 PM EDT
[#5]
From the Izhmash website:

The shotgun comes with 12-ga. smooth bored barrel and the chamber which accepts the ammo equipped with shot or slugs including "Magnum" cartridges with 70 and 76 mm cartridge case.

Thanks for the links USNJoe_Retired
Link Posted: 1/10/2003 2:55:07 AM EDT
[#6]
Mine came with a full choke and a warning about slugs.....

Something about US import and sporting purposes...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top