Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/7/2003 5:35:12 PM EDT
I'm looking for a safe that can hold about 20 long guns.  I found a nice looking safe with the FN logo on it.  I Forgot who makes it, but it was marked down $500 from $1900+ to $1400+.  It was about 800lbs.  My hang up is that the door has external hinges.  Is that something I should worry about?  Function is first, but I'm not bringing an eye sore into my house either.  Please advise.
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 5:44:48 PM EDT
[#1]
I got my new Champion CH25 last month for $1200 with an electronic lock.  You should be able to find info on the web for a dealer in your area.  It has internal hinges, a 10ga body, modular shelving, a black/grey granite finish, a 1300 degree/1 hour fire rating....  I think they are the best value going.
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 6:36:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Don't worry about external hinges. With bolts on at least 3 sides of the door, the hinges can be removed and the door is still not comming off.
Link Posted: 1/8/2003 12:46:03 AM EDT
[#3]
There are plenty of great safes out there that are equal to the one you describe WITHOUT the external hinges.  I'd check out American Security.

www.amsecusa.com/
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top