Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/6/2003 4:25:41 PM EDT
I've got a 45acp upper with FF tube and I want to replace the tube with standard car handguards. Will standard car handguards fit or is the bbl diameter too big? Newby question...but I'd like to know before I buy a set.
Also, what type of tool do I need to remove the FF tube without busting it all to crap? Strap type pipe wrench?
Link Posted: 1/6/2003 6:27:38 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't know what type of free float tube you have mounted on your upper so I can't help you there.  I assume that the D ring has been removed and the FF tube replaces it?  Maybe the big scary lookin DPMS tool has a doohickey on it that will help?

By the way, a standard CAR-15 forend WILL fit on the Oly .45 upper.  Mine came that way when I bought it off the EE boards.  I prefer the M4 handguards, however, because they are so big that they bring the .45 barrel back into proportion with the rest of the gun.  With the standard CAR-15 handguards the barrel will look way big and the handguards will look way small.  Plus the heat shields are nicer on the M4 handguards.
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 2:09:10 AM EDT
[#2]
Do I need a special Delta ring or endcaps for the M4 handguards? Are they non-standard in any way?
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 7:22:23 AM EDT
[#3]
Yes it will take standard handguards or the M4 hanguards - not 'special' parts are needed - just the standard ones.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top