Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/5/2003 8:00:57 PM EDT
Just got a SAR-2 and I'm going to do a bit of customizing.  I'm looking for a triangular stock that will fit it, similar to the one here on this AK-103.

The only stock I can find online or locally is this wire one, like so, and I may get it, but I'd like the other one more.

There is a stock made by ACE Ltd, but I'm not sure if it fits the SAR-2.  It costs alot more and doesn't look particularly like original equipment.

Anyone know where I could get fixed stock that looks like a folder, aside from the two bottom pictures, preferably that looks like the top picture?  Tried Global Trades and KVAR so far, with no luck.
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 11:41:48 PM EDT
[#1]
I may have found a bite at Numrich gun parts.  Here is the link:

http://www.e-gunparts.com/DisplayAd.asp?chrProductSKU=810810&chrSuperSKU=

The description is:
Original, East German manufacture side folding stocks are now available. These all-steel stocks are in excellent condition and include a black enamel finish, a stripped receiver (trunion) block, a serrated non-slip back plate and a rubber protection guard (other hardware not included). Fits the AK-47 East German MPiKM and MPiKMS assault rifles. Now is the time to order your AK-47 side folding stock while supplies last.

Of course there is no photo.  Anyone know what Numrich is selling here?
Link Posted: 1/6/2003 11:52:55 AM EDT
[#2]
Duke,

The stock in the top pic can be found at www.rpbusa.com

I've got one, it's 1/2" longer than the standard stock and is actually comfortable...I like it a lot better, the straight comb feels much better to me than the angel of the standard stock

Link Posted: 1/6/2003 5:27:34 PM EDT
[#3]
USMC, Semper Fi buddy!  I called Numrich today and struck out.  This is EXACTLY what I am looking for.  You da man!
Link Posted: 1/8/2003 8:17:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Glad I could help...It's a great stock for the $$..

Link Posted: 1/9/2003 11:21:07 AM EDT
[#5]
I've ordered the stock and a Kobra sight from Tantal.  I've already welded a US-made AK74-style brake on it curtesy of a local gunsmith.  Tantal might put a pic of the gun on his site when I'm done with it, as an example of what can be done with one of his Kobras and a $300 stamped receiver gun.  
Link Posted: 1/9/2003 12:01:11 PM EDT
[#6]
I am glad you have recieved good advice. I would like to take the time to make you aware or Ar15.com's very entertaining AK47  forum. I am the mod in the Hungarian forum, but there are tons of extremely knowledgable persons who frequent those forums in general, and when it comes to Ak's they are more than willing to give you way more information than you ever cared to know.
Link Posted: 1/9/2003 12:06:40 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
 Tantal might put a pic of the gun on his site when I'm done with it, as an example of what can be done with one of his Kobras and a $300 stamped receiver gun.  

You mean like this?

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top