Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/4/2003 8:53:28 PM EDT
I had and lost the opportunity today of buying an IMI Model A Uzi (semi) complete with sling, two mags, and a bayonet for around $1300.  It had the folding stock.

I passed it up and then moments later someone else bought it.

It looked kind of silly with a bayonet.

Plus, I had never handled one before -- those things are heavy!

So, should I feel bad?  I really want a preban AR15.
Link Posted: 1/4/2003 9:01:06 PM EDT
[#1]
no, dont bother kicking. the price is ok, but not a steal. if it was under 1000 maybe you should start kicking.
Link Posted: 1/4/2003 11:13:25 PM EDT
[#2]
I concur w/ mattsd, if you bought it for $1300 you would have gotten a minor hosing.  Not a great deal at that price.

Link Posted: 1/5/2003 12:54:54 AM EDT
[#3]
Kick yourself anyway
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 9:20:56 AM EDT
[#4]
OK.  Thanks for the replies.  So, TopCrest, I should kick myself because I don't own an Uzi or because it would be amusing for me to kick myself?
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 9:38:09 AM EDT
[#5]
I'd continue your search for a preban AR.  But if you really need a kick, I can help out.
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 10:11:36 AM EDT
[#6]
You can ask Juggernaut if you want, but the Uzi isn't all that much to crow over.  After you've blown your cash stash, you've got a HEAVY 9mm carbine that doesn't feel that good on your cheek when you weld to it, has sights that are good out to 30 yards and "looks cool" but can't be customized to your individual tastes like an AR can.  IMHO - it wasn't that much fun to shoot either. A, B Vector... they are are all about the same (except for the Norinco which is real POS.

Get over it now and save yourself the trouble of having a safe queen or buying now and trying to sell 6 months later ( at a loss)

just my .02
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 3:57:30 PM EDT
[#7]
xanadu, I appreciate your feedback.  I'm quite over it.  You're right, it is very heavy.  I was surprised, actually, at how heavy it was.
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 4:16:35 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 11:33:30 PM EDT
[#9]

...amusing...
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 11:36:58 PM EDT
[#10]
I've never seen an Uzi with a bayonet, got any pics?
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 11:40:27 PM EDT
[#11]
world.guns.ru/smg/smg17-e.htm

Goofy, yes.  But if my Uzi ever gets here, it'll have to have one

-Gloftoe
Link Posted: 1/6/2003 2:27:09 AM EDT
[#12]
You dont want to own an Uzi in semi auto anyway.  Especially if it's got the 16" barrel.

For $1300 you could buy any number of semi auto rifles or carbines that way outperform an Uzi carbine.  Unless you really, really have something for the Uzi, but never intend to get a transferrable full auto, you didn't blow it.
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 12:53:33 PM EDT
[#13]
Try www.uzitalk.com new site and been getting good info there. You might even find a uzi for sale. I looked at one at a dealer out by me for $1400 an IMI. Was suppose to be NIB and never fired. I don't think so. The nice thing about an UZI is barrel length can be changed and also could get a 45 cal conversion kit.
I don't like the MINI UZI but the Carbine is nice for what is is going to be used for. a nice collapsible stock. Not the Folding one and your in business.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top