Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/4/2003 7:11:57 PM EDT
I bought an H&K USP 9mm (old model, no hex barrel rifling or PRK-approved safety) and for some reason once every 50 rounds or so I'll pull the trigger, the hammer will fall and the gun won't fire. I'll check the ammo and the primer is dented slightly. If I pull the trigger again (double action) it'll fire just fine. What could cause the firing pin to fall and dent the primer but not with enough force to fire the gun?

Thanks,
Jason Abels
Link Posted: 1/4/2003 7:18:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Ohhh oh, I know what it is.  Clean out the firing pin channel.  They do that when it hasnt been cleaned out in forever.  Spray it out with gun scrubber and the problem with dissapear.  Also be sure to use synthetic lube.

Link Posted: 1/4/2003 7:38:05 PM EDT
[#2]
What kind of ammo?  Could be hard primers.
Link Posted: 1/4/2003 11:00:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Agree with schapman43.  I finally got around to taking my firing pin out and cleaning it after my USP Tactical started to do the same thing.  So the firing pin needs to be removed and cleaned every two thousand rounds or so for maximum reliability.
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 9:54:05 AM EDT
[#4]
Good deal, thanks guys. One last question, how do I remove the firing pin? Do I have to knock both of those retaining pins out of the top of the slide or just one?

Thanks,
Jason
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top