Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/4/2003 10:25:51 AM EDT
I have a Ruger 10/22 that I want to build into a Match rifle..I could get a different 22 if the Ruger wont due but I need to know some good upgrades ie..stock ,barrell,ect..or any websites with info would help..Im sure I could have found the info but I cant search for it.I need to get a membership.Any info would be apreciated..Thanks guys..
Link Posted: 1/4/2003 10:52:32 AM EDT
[#1]
Not to sound like a rifle snob , but if you want a really effective target rifle, you need to buy a top-of-the-line Anschuetz, Feinwerkbau or Walther.

My vote is Feinwerkbau (love the trigger), but they are hard to find.
Link Posted: 1/4/2003 11:55:30 AM EDT
[#2]
How about a CZ-452?
Link Posted: 1/4/2003 3:51:15 PM EDT
[#3]
What kind of match shooting do you want to do?  If it's real deal pull out all the stops competition, you better look at Anschutz, Feinwerkbau (sp?) etc.  
If it's more casual, spend yer money on a CZ 452 Varmint or American.  I have a Varmint and the damn thing SHOOTS!! 5 shot groups w/ Wolf MT into a nice Quarter-Nickel size group at 100 yds all day long.  I haven't done a dman thing to it either and they have a nice adjustable trigger.  I think they're the best value in a .22 out there.  
You also might want to look on Gunsamerica.com for an H&R M12.  It was a HEAVY target rifle used by the AMU in the ealy '80's.  The CMP doesn't have any more but you can find 'em used.  I got mine NIB w/ palma sights for $500 (New Palma's go for $250 alone).  It's not hard to find ones NIB as many guys buy CMP stuff and never open it (not me).  The thing is a real gem and shoots even better than the CZ.
The 10/22 is a great platform, but you can get lured into the "modification" syndrome and by the time you get it shooting to a comparable level, you could've bought an Anschutz etc. in the first place.
Later,
Rich
Link Posted: 1/4/2003 4:06:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Check out www.rimfirecentral.com/mainpage.shtml

Great site for rimfire.
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 8:54:03 AM EDT
[#5]
W/O spending the $1200 for Anschutz & Walther's, you can get a damn fine match .22 in a Marlin 2000 biathlon rifle. It already comes equipped with everything you need so you don't have to add this or that. Price is around $400. Check out Marlin's web site for pics & info.

Also check out Champions Choice as they specialize in target shooting. Sinclair also is another bunch who focuses on very small target groups.  >gg<

Hope this helps.
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 10:38:05 AM EDT
[#6]
Shadowblade..That forum is great thanks.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top