Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/3/2003 10:42:29 PM EDT
I was shooting at the range the other day and when i went to put away my Enfield I noticed a large chunk of wood missing.  There is also a large crack in the bottom by the screw.  Not sure what happened but it is clear that I need to replace the wood before shooting again.  Does anyone know where I can get some new/used furniture for cheap?  It is an Enfield No.1 MKIII.  Thanks

pvtJoker
Link Posted: 1/4/2003 6:10:47 AM EDT
[#1]
Numrich Gunparts will have them, also check with sarco.

www.e-gunparts.com/
www.sarcoinc.com/

also, the buttstocks can be a pain to remove, and you'll need a really long screwdriver. The screw is up in the cleaning compartment.  Additionally the end of the screw is squared off, and fits into a square block on the forend just in front of the reciever band(behind the trigger guard), so you have to take that off before you can remove the buttstock.
Lots of liquid wrench may help too. If it's a #1, that stock may have been on there for 75 years or more!
IM me if you need help!
Link Posted: 1/4/2003 8:25:01 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks Crumabn, I will contact you if I need help.

PvtJoker
Link Posted: 1/4/2003 8:47:00 AM EDT
[#3]
I just happen to have a new condition butt stock for an Enifield.  It is pretty dark wood, but it is new.  If you are interested I will make you a heck of a deal.  IM me, or post here if you are interested.
guns762
Link Posted: 1/4/2003 8:43:43 PM EDT
[#4]

Guns762,

Yeah i would be interested.  Is it just the butt stock?  The part I really need is the wood around the magazine well.  But my butt stock has a small crack in it as well. So what parts do you have and how much do you want?

pvtJoker
Link Posted: 1/4/2003 9:03:35 PM EDT
[#5]
FYI- I saw several enfield stocks at the gun show today, all moderately priced. At least they're out there
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 9:04:56 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Guns762,

Yeah i would be interested.  Is it just the butt stock?  The part I really need is the wood around the magazine well.  But my butt stock has a small crack in it as well. So what parts do you have and how much do you want?

pvtJoker

IM sent.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top