Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/3/2003 8:37:11 PM EDT
Just got done spraying it black, ultra flat black. Will post a pic when I get it sprayed with the rubber undercoating. I gota tell ya I was surprised more of you didn’t like the green (other than the gloss that it ended up with).

Diesel

So I was looking for something gun related to do the other night, so I opened the safe up and I had my brothers Chinese SKS in there in its original form. Every time I look at the thing, the finish on it drove me nuts. So out of the safe it came and I tore it down, rough sanded the stock and hand guard and busted out the rattle can. Below is what I came up with. I think it looks pretty cool. The wife doesn’t think so. I was gona finish it out with one other color to make it camo but my little bro stopped by and though it looked better before. So I said screw it. Picked up some ultra flat black to dust it and a can of rubber under coating. So I’m gona re-do it in undercoating. Sooner or later it is going to have a syn. stock on it but I figured till then may as well play around with this one. Anyway thought I would share it with every one here.

For those inquiring minds my older bro moved out east for a couple years and will be moving back soon and left all his guns but 2, the HK USP .45 Tactical, and a Savage .300 Win. Mag.

Diesel

Edited to fix pic, I hope.

DAMN IMAGESTATION!!!!
here a a couple of links to try it seams to work on 3 of my coupters if I just hit the image link.

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid45/p24f75e60bef1635c89fdfbd23510f588/fcd5c6fd.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid45/p24f75e60bef1635c89fdfbd23510f588/fcd5c6fd.jpg.orig.jpg
Link Posted: 1/3/2003 8:54:28 PM EDT
[#1]
I cut and pasted the link in a browser and the image loaded.

Your SKS is.... shall we say.... very unique?

Is is really as gloss bright green as the picture depicts or did you take the pic when the paint was still wet?

I wouldn't call it 'tactical' by any stretch.

Link Posted: 1/3/2003 9:09:42 PM EDT
[#2]
"Emerald City Urban Camo"

Ignore the man behind the curtain!!!!

Good God, man! What were you thinking?!?

Tony

p.s. I hope your brother has no internet access!
Link Posted: 1/3/2003 9:21:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Man I usually don’t say this but…….. you guys are really hurting my feelings!!! Ok not really but anyway, yeah it is pretty glossy, it’s just some cheepo flat paint (but not flat by any means) and it dried really tacky too. I sprayed it in a heated area at least 70 degrees. I’m going nuts with the guns right now. I ordered a DPMS in late August and DPMS has yet to ship it to the dealer yet so in the mean time I’m just tinkerin. Like I said sooner or later it gona get a Synthetic stock so it passed the time.
Link Posted: 1/3/2003 9:25:36 PM EDT
[#4]
And I thought my white "Rainbow Six" M14 was a sight to behold...  Dude, that looks like an ogre swallowed it and puked it back up... Can you say its Shrekicized!
Link Posted: 1/3/2003 9:42:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Hey man I saw the pic of your rainbow 6 gun and although you might be able to hide in the snow, if the SHTF and we all have to move to the sewers for shelter, I'm just gona look like another big shinny turd, and everyone will want me to protect them cause the black and white rifles just wont blend in with the Cosby's!!!
Link Posted: 1/3/2003 9:51:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Thats.......uhhh.....different.

I've been thinking my sks is going to get painted as well, just to be different...but not that different  I was thinking more along the lines of red with a bright yellow star on it; just to go along with its chinese origins.  Eventually I'll find a synthetic stock for it that I like, but no joy so far.

FOTBR
Link Posted: 1/3/2003 10:14:31 PM EDT
[#7]
should have went with black or gray.  

That looks like ass.

Sorry, but you posted it.

Link Posted: 1/3/2003 10:37:20 PM EDT
[#8]

Sorry, but every time that I look at it I laugh out loud!

It's definitely unique!

Link Posted: 1/4/2003 1:16:42 AM EDT
[#9]
Wow, that's really...green.[:\]  Maybe if it was a dull olive drab, but like Freshhoarse said it looks like an Emerald City rifle..though not a parade one (not chrome plated..don't get any ideas).  I actually kinda like it but I have no taste (I'm still looking for a velvet Elvis & 'dogs playing poker' painting for my living room)  It's not like it would be hard to find another SKS stock & put it back to standard form.  
Link Posted: 1/4/2003 4:12:41 AM EDT
[#10]
Dude,you better fix that before your brother sobers up.
Link Posted: 1/4/2003 5:34:00 AM EDT
[#11]
it ain't easy ebing GREEN, but, um... ouch, that's bright!

might i suggest some nice flat OD green. $2 for a can of ultra flat Krylon at wally world!
Link Posted: 1/4/2003 5:34:47 AM EDT
[#12]
Man, I was thinking OD Green.  To see an SKS in Fast & Furious green...well...it just hurts my eyes.  
Link Posted: 1/4/2003 5:51:48 AM EDT
[#13]
Quick...get a phone book....call Rob's Guns! My buddy has his Chicom SKS there for sale, if you swap it out with your brothers SKS he might not notice the difference and kick your A$$!!!!
Link Posted: 1/4/2003 11:41:21 AM EDT
[#14]
NoooLIKIE!!!!

Yuck

The new finish is now driving ME nuts.

But Seriously, all that matters is if your brother likes it....and if he does not....I hope he is not a good shot.
Link Posted: 1/4/2003 12:07:10 PM EDT
[#15]
Damn, that's...um...well, it's something.

Now all 'ya need is some bright pink racing stripes down the sides...

Ahh, who the hell are we to judge.  If you like it, screw 'em.  I'm sure it shoots lust like a Chinese SKS, even if it is British racing green.  Actually, I know a guy who refinished his (full auto) 1918 BAR in the same color.  
Link Posted: 1/4/2003 12:11:26 PM EDT
[#16]
LMAO. i was looking at the picture when my 14 year old sister walked by, "eeewwwwwww! someone actually did that to a gun?"
Link Posted: 1/4/2003 12:12:51 PM EDT
[#17]
Don't freak out. You just need some darker green blotches or stripes on there to dull down the color. It has potential.
Link Posted: 1/4/2003 3:02:13 PM EDT
[#18]
dieselpwer,

You are one hell of a sport for letting everyone keep having fun with you.  Go get some of the "Make it stone" at True Value stores for about $10.  Paint in a less intense green, or tan, or granite, or anything, and try that, then let us have another look.  If you have never tried the "Make it stone" paint it looks realy nice, will give you a nice dull finish, that is rough and easy to grip.
Link Posted: 1/4/2003 4:42:14 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
I think it looks pretty cool. The wife doesn’t think so.

ROFLMAO

Sorry, man.  

TRG
Link Posted: 1/4/2003 4:47:33 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
"Emerald City Urban Camo"

Ignore the man behind the curtain!!!!

Good God, man! What were you thinking?!?

Tony

p.s. I hope your brother has no internet access!

Still wiping tears out of my eyes.  Emerald City Urban Camo.  Priceless
Link Posted: 1/4/2003 4:54:48 PM EDT
[#21]
Thats the worst looking piece of shit I have ever seen.
What the hell were you thinking ?
Why don't you paint some fucking flowers on it while your at it ?

Does it glow in the dark ?

Thanks for sharing.
Link Posted: 1/4/2003 5:02:15 PM EDT
[#22]
Hey Diesel?

Be sure and keep the firing pin when you give that train wreck back to your brother!
Link Posted: 1/4/2003 5:06:03 PM EDT
[#23]

TRG

Link Posted: 1/4/2003 5:10:08 PM EDT
[#24]
Uh, mmmm, yep. It's different alright.

MM419
Link Posted: 1/4/2003 5:15:33 PM EDT
[#25]
LMAO....Nice goat. Just rub a little more salt in the wound.
Link Posted: 1/4/2003 5:17:44 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
LMAO....Nice goat. Just rub a little more salt in the wound.

Hey.  What are friends for, you know?

LOL

TRG
Link Posted: 1/4/2003 5:22:37 PM EDT
[#27]
Yikes!

err, hu. . . I mean "YIKES!"
Link Posted: 1/4/2003 5:49:20 PM EDT
[#28]
damn, thats just thuggish

Link Posted: 1/4/2003 5:59:59 PM EDT
[#29]
LMAO...Sergei is rolling in his grave. Hey, some of the best people in the industry started like this.....  CAVARMS. Maybe GarryOwen would be interested in molding that color???
Link Posted: 1/4/2003 6:16:10 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

TRG

that has got to be the funniest fucken thing ive seen in a very long time!!!
Link Posted: 1/4/2003 9:27:42 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

going to have heart attack laughing so hard... no more type!
Link Posted: 1/4/2003 9:31:24 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 1/4/2003 10:05:08 PM EDT
[#33]
HEY!!! dieselpower may actually be on to something here.... Someone call Shawn over at Cav Arms!!!

dieselpower... if we goof on ya... it means we like ya....
Link Posted: 1/4/2003 11:07:20 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Thanks for sharing.

LMMFAO!!!!!!

If it's your younger brother, you might get away with it.  

But

If it's your OLDER brother, he's gonna give you  some major charlie horse action till you can't stand up and walk.  (you might deserve it under the circumstances - good God man! - What where you thinking???)
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 9:34:46 AM EDT
[#35]

Fairy RedGoat likes it!
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 10:05:36 AM EDT
[#36]

Wow!  A rifle stock that melts in your mouth and not in your hands.
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 3:29:34 PM EDT
[#37]
Ya know, that might just be the perfect Irish republican army rifle ever. I will have to ask the next leprechaun I see.
o O (There always after me lucky SKS.....)

Ok, I have to confess I am currently making a bright blue stock for an Inland M1 carbine.
Not the original stock, I picked up a new unfinished one cheap and since the ol' lady likes blue and likes shooting the M1 then I figured what the heck, a few brownie points to cover my next gun purchase. So as not to be linched I must say the original stock is off and safely put away in the safe.
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 5:18:55 PM EDT
[#38]
diesel......have some interesting info for you......if you`re interested.....i/m me @ar15.com
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 5:46:07 PM EDT
[#39]
Time for a Green SKS Haiku:

Mutant SKS

NOW a chlorophyll monster

Please make me NORMAL
Link Posted: 1/6/2003 11:32:02 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Looks kind of cute but
Sergei clocked at three thousand
rpms in grave

This is as close as
Any SKS will come
to a "clover leaf"

Paint can on clearance
Maybe now you know why some
Colors are failures
Link Posted: 1/6/2003 4:12:01 PM EDT
[#41]
Much Better!!!
Link Posted: 1/6/2003 9:01:34 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Mutant SKS

NOW a chlorophyll monster

Please make me NORMAL

stop...stomach hurts...must look away...tears rolling down face....can't stop laughing...someone help....

And now seeing the black...Thank you, thank you, thank you.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top