User Panel

Posted: 1/3/2003 11:22:53 AM EDT
I'll be sending this 45ACP 11.5bbl Oly upper out for the following:

Remove free float tube and replace with CAR handguards - $15.00
Delta ring assembly - $15.00
Handguard end cap - $10.00
Refinish upper receiver with black Gun Coat - $25.00
Refinish barrel by parkerizing and coating with Gun Coat - $30.00
Labor for removing FH, machining sleeve, istallation of Flip up front sight and reassembly - $105.00
Return shipping - $10.00
Total - $210.00

Is this a decent price for these services?
I'd also like to get some kind of small lightweight rail system on the bottom handguard, in case I want to mount a vertical grip. What are my options? Aluminum or plastic? Brands?
The free float tube is way too heavy for my needs so I'm replacing it with standard CAR handguards. I've already ordered a ARMS#40 for the rear and I'm looking for a GG&G flip up (new sytle) for the front. This upper will also sport a EOTECH, but not for awhile. The 5.5"FH will be sleeved, leaving the top two slots open as a post ban legal compensator. Anyone got any ideas or pics of there own 45ACP setups? Love to see how others have set thiers up.

Link Posted: 1/3/2003 1:26:56 PM EDT
[#1]
I'll give this a bump for the evening crew. I'd really like to hear some opinions of those "in the know" and hear some options on what types of gear to use. ie GG&G VS MAD etc..
Plus I'd like to know if the smithing fees are in line with whats considered reasonable.
Link Posted: 1/4/2003 6:50:58 AM EDT
[#2]
Tough crowd...
Link Posted: 1/4/2003 7:37:45 AM EDT
[#3]
EOtech model 511

jerys pawn. I would give you the web address but I am a low life non paying member and can not search any longer.

I got mine for 276.00 delivered . I think for the range of the .45 it would be perfect. I am planning on putting one on the 9mm I am building

Edited I googed www.jeryspawn.com/

I did the deal over the phone and they shipped the same day.
Link Posted: 1/4/2003 7:41:47 AM EDT
[#4]
If it is going back to oly, check out their new rail system. It EXTENDS the top rail the whole way down the top...

I am in the process of planning a 45 upper. I have been thinking about the flip-up optics also...

Then this occured to me: WHAT IS THE PURPOSE OF SOMETHING LIGHTWEIGHT with limited range?

Ans: CQB

Go with a flattop. Go lightweight. Put a reddot on it, or an eotech. Flip-ups are overkill. (OK, OK, flipups would be nice "back-ups" if your optics fail. But, if your optics get hit, you can always aim down the barrel at this short of a range that this is intended to be used in!)
Link Posted: 1/4/2003 7:43:18 AM EDT
[#5]
Oh, yeah, those look like fail prices. If this were a 223 upper, I'd say do the work yourself. I'd ixnay the "installation of the flipups" by OLY, and drop that cost down a little. The more you can build ANY project, the more rewarding it is...
Link Posted: 1/4/2003 10:29:08 AM EDT
[#6]
Yea they are local here in fayetteville talk to AL, he will square you away.
                      FREE

Quoted:
EOtech model 511

jerys pawn. I would give you the web address but I am a low life non paying member and can not search any longer.

I got mine for 276.00 delivered . I think for the range of the .45 it would be perfect. I am planning on putting one on the 9mm I am building

Edited I googed www.jeryspawn.com/

I did the deal over the phone and they shipped the same day.

Link Posted: 1/5/2003 6:07:47 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
If it is going back to oly, check out their new rail system. It EXTENDS the top rail the whole way down the top...
I am in the process of planning a 45 upper. I have been thinking about the flip-up optics also...
Then this occured to me: WHAT IS THE PURPOSE OF SOMETHING LIGHTWEIGHT with limited range?
Ans: CQB
Go with a flattop. Go lightweight. Put a reddot on it, or an eotech. Flip-ups are overkill. (OK, OK, flipups would be nice "back-ups" if your optics fail. But, if your optics get hit, you can always aim down the barrel at this short of a range that this is intended to be used in!)

--->  I just want a rail on the bottom to mount a vertical grip or a surefire. I'm not gonna go nuts with it.
Mug, your planning a 45 ACP upper? Didn't you just sell me 3 UZI hicaps? You should have kept them...
The 45 ACP round is good out to 100 yds in a carbine, I'd have one hell of a time hitting a point target useing just the barrel to aim! The cheapo BSA on my upper has enough elevation to put Winchester white box ammo on a point target at 100 yds. Thats not CQB.
Additionally, I plan to use 45 Super in the rifle. (once I get enough brass). This extends the Max Effective range. BUIS are a must in my book, plus they are fun to use when the dot gets boring.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top