Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/1/2003 9:43:35 PM EDT
www.suburbanchicagonews.com/newssun/archives/w11gunbuy.htm
Read the article, they gave gift certificates to sheeple bringing in guns, and refused to compensate one guy who thought he was doing a good deed by bringing in an illegal sawed off shotgun.  And they took "personal information" from the guy to boot.  These people who run these programs are SCARY!
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 11:02:23 PM EDT
[#1]
You can stop this crap easily.  Get a pocket full of cash.  Stand out front.  You see a sheeple with a Lorcin pistol or New England single shot .410 walk by, you let them go.  Then you see a fellow with a really nice shootin' iron, say, a Glock 17, Beretta 92, Rem 870 12 ga, etc, you say, "Hey, yeah, you... in there they are only going to give you a $50 gift certificate.  I'll give you $55 cash money, real greenbacks, right now."
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 11:06:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Excellent idea. I wonder why the gunshow promoters haven't figured this out yet.
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 11:32:24 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Excellent idea. I wonder why the gunshow promoters haven't figured this out yet.

1. someone would demand you have a business license.
2. you would be a "fence" for stolen property.  (the buy-back is not, but you are)
3. the ATF would would call you an unlicensed dealer since they "know" you ment to resell all bought firearms.  
4. even if you had an FFL they would haul you in for loitering.  just to get you off the street.
Link Posted: 1/2/2003 9:20:20 AM EDT
[#4]
5. Not all states are "free" states where peons are allowed to their and sell their own property freely.
Link Posted: 1/2/2003 9:48:09 AM EDT
[#5]
Zoom...amen to that.

Im guessing though that they dont get a lot of high quality guns at these things. I dont care how far left someone may be...they probably arent willing throw away a $500+ gun for $50 when they know they could sell it for much more. Also likely that the people that turn in their guns wouldnt have a gun that nice in the first place. I dont know...does anyone have info on what kind of guns get turned in?
Link Posted: 1/2/2003 9:53:57 AM EDT
[#6]
you can build a zip gun for about $5 so i  bet i could make some money.
Link Posted: 1/3/2003 9:07:30 PM EDT
[#7]
In most states it is not illegal for a citizen to buy a gun from another citizen.

You can't be charged with being an unlicensed dealer if you are only buying, and not selling.  I did not suggest selling them (at that time) only buying.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top