Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/1/2003 9:25:07 PM EDT
I've been thinking about getting one of the Yugo SKS rifles with the grenade launcher. Has anyone had any experience (good or bad) with these? How's accuracy, etc.

They seem to be in awfully nice condition for the money.
Link Posted: 1/2/2003 2:51:56 AM EDT
[#1]
I bought one dirt cheap some time ago. I put more into it in accessories than I paid for it. Shoots fair, but it isn't anything special.
Link Posted: 1/3/2003 8:51:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Yugo's are pretty good rifles. The only thing keeping them from being the best SKS is the lack of a chrome lined barrel. All of the stuff on the barrel, that is, the launcher, the sight, an the bayonet help keep the muzzle jump down. Good times to shoot.

One warning.

If you get one packed in cosmoline DO NOT assume or let the seller insist it is unissued with no rust or wear. I got a crap Yugo SKS with a rotten bore even though it was thoroughly packed in cosmoline.
Link Posted: 1/4/2003 8:23:05 AM EDT
[#3]
www.aimsurplus.com has like new in box rifles for less than $200, shipped.  Anyone who doesn't get one of these is going to be sorry in a few years.  Don't buy the crap you see at gunshows, those guys are saving the good ones for their store front and dumping off the rusty, non-fuctioning ones to the unsuspecting gunshow crowd.  Mine looked unissued when I got it, seriously, I rate the bluing at 98%.  Functions flawlessly, feels like a little mini-Garand when you shoot it, and is more accurate than my SAR-1.

This is me, with the SKS and my unissued M48 that I got for $110 shipped.  Got lucky on that one!

www.hunting-pictures.com/members/MolonLabe/C&Rstuff.jpg

P.S. C&R license--if you don't have one, what's your excuse?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top