Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/1/2003 11:56:00 AM EDT
I'm freakin spending too much money on sights, optics and uneccesary gizmo's!!!

First I gotta get a carry handle, then an Aimpoint(plus mount), then a flip up rear sight, then I try an Elcan, then I start looking at a RAS front handguard system....., and of course I then have to get M4 look alike, regular pencil barrel wasn't good enough.... just goes on and on and on......

I'm building two uppers, a 20" A2 and A1 then that's it..... spending money on ammo and going shooting.

Is there an AR15 anonymous out there?? some of us need it!!!
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 4:56:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Magazines ... ammo ... different slings, barrel lenghts, stock types, spare parts - hell those create new AR's just all by themselves! It never ends ... sadly there is no hope but to go completely cold turkey and send your weapons to me

On the positive side it keeps me out of bars and makes me easy to shop for around holidays.
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 4:59:00 PM EDT
[#2]
PS: What did you think of the Elcan? I bought one last Christmas but my order got lost ... still want one I think.
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 5:55:05 PM EDT
[#3]
stick with the KISS system, i agree
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 9:04:56 PM EDT
[#4]
*focuses mental engergy* I WILL use iron sights on my AR when I get it, I WILL.
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 9:55:37 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
PS: What did you think of the Elcan? I bought one last Christmas but my order got lost ... still want one I think.

I liked it alot, but it's heavy, and not as quick as an Aimpoint. Definitely suited for 20" flattops...
Link Posted: 1/2/2003 2:41:37 AM EDT
[#6]
Flat top with EOtech sight.  No other mounts to buy and beats the Aimpoint like a drum.
Link Posted: 1/2/2003 4:34:42 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Flat top with EOtech sight.  No other mounts to buy and beats the Aimpoint like a drum.

Works for me!!!!!
Link Posted: 1/2/2003 5:02:25 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I'm freakin spending too much money on sights, optics and uneccesary gizmo's!!!

First I gotta get a carry handle, then an Aimpoint(plus mount), then a flip up rear sight, then I try an Elcan, then I start looking at a RAS front handguard system....., and of course I then have to get M4 look alike, regular pencil barrel wasn't good enough.... just goes on and on and on......

I'm building two uppers, a 20" A2 and A1 then that's it..... spending money on ammo and going shooting.

Is there an AR15 anonymous out there?? some of us need it!!!

So many accessories, so little money...
Link Posted: 1/2/2003 5:21:10 AM EDT
[#9]
My name is ZOG;   and I am an ARaholic.
Link Posted: 1/2/2003 5:22:47 AM EDT
[#10]
This is why I'm really ranting about money. I just couldn't say no... Cars and guns, very bad hobbies for the wallet....

(65 Ford Galaxie, 390 4 barrel, automatic. Of course it needs work.)
Link Posted: 1/2/2003 11:36:27 AM EDT
[#11]
Yikes!

Nice car BTW...

I can barely afford (not really) my gun addiction hobby.
Link Posted: 1/2/2003 11:37:31 AM EDT
[#12]
I wouldn't get anything but a flat top. Why limit yourself. Options are always nice. You don't have to get ALL the accessories. Bare minimum will do.
Link Posted: 1/2/2003 12:17:28 PM EDT
[#13]
If you do all of that with ONE AR, wait until you get the second, and third, and .... Watch-Six
Link Posted: 1/2/2003 3:35:59 PM EDT
[#14]
I used to drive a 63 Ford Galaxie 500. The tail lights were big round affairs...sorry I don't have pic. It had a kick ass 390 cubic inch 4bbl engine.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top