Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/31/2002 8:40:08 AM EDT
Hey guys.  I have a friend who wants to sell me his M1 Carbine.  I have not seen it yet, but he descibes it as being a Remington, in very good condition.  It is a post WW II model as it has the bayonet lug and adustable rear sites.  He bought it 14 years ago while working at a department store that sold old surplus rifles (M1 Garands, carbines, Enfields and Mausers).  It has a 15 round mag and a 30 round mag.  He says he has never shot.  

I don't know much about the M1 Carbines, and don't know what a fair price is.

I also have a couple of questions.  Is this a USGI carbine, or an after market?  Is there anything I should look for (like markings).  I have heard of Blue Sky imports.  If this is one of them, will that affect value?

He also has one of the Enfield rifles that he wants to sell.  He thinks it is .303, and is also in good condition.  It has no accessories.

Any help with values for the two rifles would be really appreciated.

Thanks!

Brad
Link Posted: 12/31/2002 8:46:37 AM EDT
[#1]
take a look at Fulton-Armory.com for info on M1 Carbines.
Link Posted: 12/31/2002 9:01:40 AM EDT
[#2]
Try this site
http://www.jouster.com/index.html
Link Posted: 12/31/2002 10:03:18 AM EDT
[#3]
There is no such thing as a USGI Remington M1 Carbine. The M1 was a Winchester design and was made by several companies but Remington never made USGI M1 Carbines or any after market M1 Carbine I know of.

USGI M1 Carbines are much more valuable than after market rifles. USGI carbines can go from $350-$1000+ depending on maker and condition. If a rifle is in original configuration it will have much greater value than a later postwar rebuild?

No way to tell what the value of this M1 Carbine until you find out who really made it and if it is an import.

A non-import postwar rebuild in VG condition could go for $450+ depending on maker, an import $350+.
Link Posted: 12/31/2002 5:46:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Remington didn't make one,maybe its a Springfield!   Inland,Rockola,uspostalmeters,winchester,underwood,IBM,Saganaw,or such!

I bought three before I finally hit paydirt,one that was all orig barrell,reciever,trigger group,bolt ect.

The trip was worth the learning proceedure!  (money wasted not!)  

Bob
Link Posted: 1/2/2003 4:33:56 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the help.  I talked to my friend on Tuesday night.  He is going to bring the carbine and Enfield to my place, hopefully this weekend.  I will check it out, get more info, and come back.

Thanks!

Brad
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top