Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/31/2002 4:17:24 AM EDT
I got a real woodie when I saw these advertised in Shotgun News.  Has anybody heard and positive or negative feedback about these yet or has anyone purchased one that would care to share their opinions about quality, etc.  TIA
Link Posted: 12/31/2002 11:32:23 AM EDT
[#1]
I just saw this shotgun listed in The American Rifleman.  I hope to see one this weekend at the gun/fun show in Orlando, FL.  I will report if I see one.  If it the usual Norinco style stuff, it will be tough, rough, and thoroughly inelegant, but it will bloody work!

Link Posted: 12/31/2002 12:25:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Don't know for sure, but a friend has one he really likes to use for cowboy games. He says they sell two "grades" of these guns, and that the better one has the genuine walnut stock and forend. Saw one of each at the last show and, sure enough, the walnut gun had noticably better fit and finish...also cost around $100 more. The 870 is, hands down, a much better gun for serious use.
Link Posted: 12/31/2002 1:23:08 PM EDT
[#3]
I saw one when they came out a couple of years ago. It looked very nice. Better than I thought they would be.

Now that they have the trench gun version, oh baby!! That's my next gun.
Link Posted: 12/31/2002 1:35:37 PM EDT
[#4]
I saw one at the  Brich Run Show a few  weeks ago. It had the walnut stocks, great fit/finish
(surprisingly un-Norinco)
along with the heatshield/bayonet lug.
I was almost fooled into thinking it was a pristine
original when I saw the U.S./ordance bomb/date
stamped into the side of the receiver.

They wanted $780 for it. I would have scooped
it up if I had the funds.
Link Posted: 12/31/2002 1:38:22 PM EDT
[#5]
My father owned an original Winchester 97.

Damn nice shotgun. Only donwside, was that it tended to jam when you used high brass shells.

IF Norinco corrected this dilemma, this could turn out to be a rather sweet scattergun.
Link Posted: 12/31/2002 2:16:11 PM EDT
[#6]
I used to have a Winchester 1897. It was a great duck and goose gun. The only firearm I have ever dis-assembled, and couldn't get reassembled. Had to take it to a gunsmith to get it back together. On the side of the reciever is a button that allows you to eject the loaded shells from the  cylinder and magazine. One day after finishing up duck hunting me and my buddies were unloading. I had it pointed straight up and was racking the shells out and onto the ground.  All of a sudden..BOOOM!!!! I guess the trigger and sear slipped... That was quite a suprise...
Link Posted: 12/31/2002 2:39:19 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
One day after finishing up duck hunting me and my buddies were unloading. I had it pointed straight up and was racking the shells out and onto the ground.  All of a sudden..BOOOM!!!! I guess the trigger and sear slipped... That was quite a suprise...

One other nice feature....there is no disconnector. IF you slam the action shut, with your trigger on the finger, it WILL fire. Pretty fun to fire as fast as you can pump away.
Link Posted: 12/31/2002 6:12:41 PM EDT
[#8]
It was the trench gun version that I was interested in.  Can't beleive they want upwards of $700 for it though.

Link Posted: 12/31/2002 6:30:30 PM EDT
[#9]
I see orig. Winchester M1897's in my area price in the $250-400 range.  

OSA
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top