Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/29/2002 11:58:13 AM EDT
I saw one in a sporting goods store yesterday they wanted $319 for it. Will these go bang out of the box every time if not do they accept all after market parts?
Link Posted: 12/29/2002 12:49:19 PM EDT
[#1]
No and no.  Run away!

No they will not go bang every time.  No they will not accept standard 1911 parts.  There is a Springfield Armory Mil-Spec on the Equipment Exchange right now for $400 with a bunch of extra magazines.  That's a specification gun with real customer service behind it, and that's about as inexpensive as you are going to get with a "real" 1911 that stands a good chance of working, right out of the box.  

Take it from someone who has fought the good fight with cheap 1911s.  I love cheap stuff, I'm not a snooty gunowner.  I bought an IAI GAL M6000 awhile back.  Never heard of it?  That should have been a warning to me.  Some times, in the world of guns, you can get a really great deal for very little money, and sometimes you really "get what you pay for".  With 1911s I have come to the conclusion that you get what you pay for.  There is no such thing as a cheap 1911.  There is a cheap 1911 that won't work, and an expensive 1911 that will work.  

Welcome to the boards.
Link Posted: 12/29/2002 1:32:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Actually, the Llamas are fairly reliable out of the box. Most will go bang everytime. Part of reliability comes from a non-1911 design - external extractor.  On the downside they're QA control is not pretty bad. They have poor triggers, bad sights, and suspect safety mechanisms.   Also, $319 is steeP. They should sell less than $300.  ZT
Link Posted: 12/29/2002 2:12:02 PM EDT
[#3]
run far and run fast they are not worth it. i
took mine to a gun smith and had the feed ramp worked on because it wouldnt feed ball ammo try 7 jams out of every mag. even my smith(he is a very good 1911 smith)couldnt make it work rite.
spend the extra maney and buy a real 1911.
tattoo
Link Posted: 12/29/2002 2:16:41 PM EDT
[#4]
They make a dandy sinker if you are fishing in Deep water. Other than that, THEY ARE JUNK.  I'd rather have a Louie'ville slugger or a Dull knife if my life depended on it.
Link Posted: 12/29/2002 2:18:47 PM EDT
[#5]
most say thier junk, some say otherwise. either way, the price is a joke.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top