Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/29/2002 7:07:47 AM EDT
Ok, all you Mossberg officianados...here is a pic of a Mossberg 46B Tube-fed Bolt action 22 that I just came across (in pretty bad shape).
As you can see, the trigger guard (plastic) is not in contact with the stock.  It lines up with the screw holes and the stock has NOT been modified.

Is this the wrong stock or wrong trigger guard?
The butt plate, also plastic, is too short for the butt stock.
The barrel is marked but has no serial number...just Pat. Pending after the name.

Any light shed on this would be appreciated.
Link Posted: 12/29/2002 8:08:42 AM EDT
[#1]
Looks like the plastic is warped.....there are quite a few sources for them now...since the cmp has sold quite a few 44us rifles with bad trigger guards.....gun parts corp...brownells...sportsman`s guide...midway.....believe they all sell them.......for info on old mossbergs.....contact...Vic Havlin....havlinsales.com......Great old guns....
Link Posted: 12/29/2002 4:00:49 PM EDT
[#2]
If its plastic and the screw holes line up perfectly and the piece screws into the stock, how is it warped?
Even warped, wouldn't it still be long enough to make contact all around?  Warping can't make it shorter...
Link Posted: 12/30/2002 6:02:30 AM EDT
[#3]
Wel. you learn something new with every new gun you get...
Early (as in circa 1938-1946) plastic SHRINKS!!!  I never knew!

Thanks for the reply!

Now if I can only find a bolt to this gun I will be able to shoot it.
Link Posted: 12/30/2002 7:53:13 AM EDT
[#4]
as i say...contact vic havlin for leads on parts........or try gunparts.com......
Link Posted: 12/30/2002 7:58:13 AM EDT
[#5]
Already spoke to Vic...helluva nice guy on the phone.  Set me straight on several  things.  e will be doing some business.
Thanks again for the lead.
Link Posted: 12/30/2002 7:59:47 AM EDT
[#6]
www.havlinsales.com/

This guy can usually come up with about any Mossberg part you need. I've got a 340K and he's got the parts.
Link Posted: 12/30/2002 8:06:05 AM EDT
[#7]
For more Mossberg parts information go to Mossberg web page, www.mossberg.com.  They have a telephone number and a website for information on old/discontinued firearms.  I have delt with them in the past and was satisfied with their products.

Shootist
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top