Posted: 12/29/2002 7:04:10 AM EDT
What's the barrel diameter;

I. Standard A4/A2 Barrel.

A. At the muzzle?

B. Under the gas block?

II. AR10 T Barrel.

A. At the muzzle.

B. Under the gas Block?

I got a 27" Stainless, Lilja 3 groove barrel for Christmas and want to get a front (A2) site base and a Picatinny base for the barrel. My diameter at muzzle is .810", at 2.2" back from muzzle it's .845" and .875" under the gas block.  I don't want to replace this gas block because it is adjustable.

Link Posted: 12/30/2002 2:02:36 PM EDT
[#1]
I own the standard AR-10A4, but have no calipers to measure the barrel. Sorry.

BTT!
Link Posted: 12/30/2002 4:54:30 PM EDT
[#2]
I measured the barrel just behind the Muzzle brake on my A4 carbine (I am cutting the noisy thing off &  having a fake slip over A2 made that does not add any length to the barrel)
It measured .732 of an inch using a cheap caliper.
Link Posted: 12/30/2002 5:15:25 PM EDT
[#3]
My Mitutoyo CD-8"BS SR44 battery is dead.

Dave S

Serves ya right for not asking me first!  The family is fine and it seems that yours is, also.  GOOD.  
BTW
Does the new place have a window that my wife can take a +200lb Michigan buck out of while having a smoke and cup of coffee?

Best Wishes.

Going downstairs to look for another battery.  
Link Posted: 12/30/2002 5:59:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Hey Dave.  Long time no hear from.

Hope you and your loved ones had a Merry Christmas.

Deer hunting wasn't real productive here this year.  I started taking my 14 year old son with me and lets just say he's not real stealthy yet.  A tad on the impatient side.  There was a little 4 pointer around here through the late summer and into the fall but he seemed to sky up about October 1st.  I had to settle for a doe.  I have 7 or 8 running around here chewing hell out of the wife's bushes that you're more than welcome to.  Only 2 more days left in the season so you better start hauling ass.

I swapped out my 7mm08 Douglas for a .308 Lilja.  I just wasn't getting the velocities at it's sweet spot for accuracy that I was expecting.  As soon as we get a break in the weather I'll see what this Lilja will do. That might not be til after the end of March now. Just got it on and haven't got a round through it yet.

You wouldn't be interested in a 7mm08 Douglas bull would you.?  I'll make you a hell of a deal and include brass dies and bullets.
Link Posted: 12/31/2002 5:48:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanx for the offer but I have wood for an AR-10 factory built in .300 RSUM.
www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=62&t=146243
Tomorrow is the last day of bambi bashing in Georgia's northern zone.  Will pick up a SR44 battery on the way home.  Can give you readings to X.XXXX" on both the 10(T) and std config. 10A4 (chrome-lined).

Dave S

came back to say yes, I have confirmation rods for the Mitutoyo and the last X has a default of 0 or 5 in the " mode.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top