Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 12/29/2002 3:53:24 AM EDT
First let me say I am a hardcore 1911 man, but I also own, shoot and enjoy GLOCKs.

I see alot of GLOCK bashing on this site.  Is this from personal experience or "my brother/friend/cousin's sister's boyfriend/saw a guy at the range/read it somewhere situatons"?

I own two GLOCKs, and have had zero, ZERO problems with either one in approximately 5k rounds.

I too was wary of GLOCKs, and tended to bad mouth them because I was unfamiluar with them.  That is until several years ago, by a fluke, I was able to buy a G23 w/3 hicaps at a good price.  Once I decided to take it out and shoot it and learn it's handling and functon, I came to respect and even enjoy the gun.  I have since added a G17 to the mix, no complaints.

As I said before, I am a serious 1911 fan.  It's the first pistol I grab when something goes 'bump" in the night, but I would'nt, from  personal experience, hesitate to grab one of my GLOCKs.

So, if it happened to YOU I'd like to hear about it.
Link Posted: 12/29/2002 4:14:40 AM EDT
[#1]
The goddamned thing won't f*cking jam!
Link Posted: 12/29/2002 4:20:11 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
The goddamned thing won't f*cking jam!

That seems to be a common problem among GLOCKS, it must be inherent in the design.  That and nobody makes enough gadgets, doo-dads, widgets, goo-gahs and thingamabobs to hang on them.

Oh, and buy the way, one of my 1911 is a comp gun that looks like it was drug through the Brownells catalog with the crap magnet turned all the way up.
Link Posted: 12/29/2002 4:31:00 AM EDT
[#3]
The only horror story I can relate with my G30 is that after shooting the crap out of it for several years, I then hear on the internet that it is going to KB. Well, that and I can't seem to miss with it! I prefer 1911's too, but I'm hard pressed to say anything negative about my little 30.

I think most Glock problems (not all) are owner caused problems. Overly hot hand loads will make ANY gun KB eventually.
Link Posted: 12/29/2002 4:33:04 AM EDT
[#4]
I have had a problem with my G19 before.  It turns out it was all by my on making.  I was getting into reloading and had a batch of 9mm I was running throught it.  I had not sized some of the shells right.  I found out that the G19 has very tight chamber tolerances.  That gun would not take stuff that my other 9mm's would.  One of the casings got stuck in the chamber and it took me a little while to get it out.  I couldn't cycle the slide, etc.  It would have been a bad situation if I had needed the gun.  I learned a great lesson about reloading and about striker action pistols.  I now use factory ammo in that gun.
Link Posted: 12/29/2002 4:44:19 AM EDT
[#5]
After firing thousands of reloads through my 23 the piece that holds the slide in place broke. Those money grubbing bastards at Glockmeister charged me $3 and had it in my mail box the next day.

What ever happened to customer service?
Link Posted: 12/29/2002 5:37:10 AM EDT
[#6]
Well, I have ~3000 rounds of Wolf through my Glock 19, and the worst problem I've ever had is that my GF likes to shoot it, too!
Link Posted: 12/29/2002 6:10:12 AM EDT
[#7]
I know first hand what the problem with Glocks are. I have 4 sources of info.

1. A man I meet at a local outdoor range.
2. A man I work with
3. My wife's cousin
4. My wife's uncle

I'm sad to announce their all stupid hillbillies. The first two told me that "They never shot them there plasticke pee shooters and they sure look funny."
The other 2 said, "they and their NRA shooting buddies all have problems. Everything from kerbooms to missfeeds." "You just can't trust that plastic stuff." I was then informed that I was underpowered,carrying a 9mm. "A man carries a 44mag with 8inch barrel or nothing!!!"

So there is your Glock problem. I am truly sorry if I offended anyone. It's just that they said it to my face and you can not talk sense to the senseless.

O and about me. I got the Glock 19 from my wife. Her NRA instructor taught a class with one and she had to have it. I got it because it (missfeed) stovepiped all the time. Due to it misfitting her hand, causing limp wristing. That's funny to this day I've had 0 problems with it.
Link Posted: 12/29/2002 6:22:05 AM EDT
[#8]
"You know that those 40 cal Glocks blow up all the time."  I had a guy at one of our matches tell me that!!  That is why he was shooting a P89, "They are built tougher!!"  In the last 3 years, my G35 get about 15K/year put through it in competition and practice.  165 grain Mont. Gold bullet, 6.0 gr Unique.  I don't EVER remember a misfeed, jam or anything.  The only thing that I have done to it is put a Hi-Viz front sight on it so my old 44 year old eyes can pick it up a little better.
Link Posted: 12/29/2002 6:22:23 AM EDT
[#9]
Horror story:

This woman I know had her Berretta .25 stolen from a hotel room while on business.  As I am known as a "gun guy" to people who hang around my wife, she asks for my help and advice in buying a replacement.  One trip to the range later she is in love with my G27.  So I sold it to her, as she needed it, loved it, and I though, hey, what can it do that my G23 can't?So less than a year later I'm out buying a new G27, new spare mag, 2 new +1 floorplates ...  all MORE expensive than when I bought them the 1st time.  And I sold her my old gear at LESS than I paid for it!  

THE HORROR!!
Link Posted: 12/29/2002 6:31:36 AM EDT
[#10]
Decided didn't like the feel of my G17, bought a G32 and a G19.  Asked myself why did I need the G19?  Bought the Federal Arms 40 cal and 9mm conversion barrels and I now have a mid-sized 357 Sig, 9mm and 40 in one handgun.  The horror!
Link Posted: 12/29/2002 6:34:46 AM EDT
[#11]
In the last decade or so of gunsmithing I have had 2 Glocks in for repair.  The first one was a 17 that a cop had tried to bend out the slide stop so he could get a better grip on it, and he broke it off.  The second was a legitimate problem, a broken spring.

McBalming

PS I carry a Glock 22 daily.
Link Posted: 12/29/2002 6:49:25 AM EDT
[#12]
I am really disapointed.  This post has been up for nearly three hours, and all I'm getting is advertisements for GLOCK.

Where are the overblown histrionics I was looking for?
Link Posted: 12/29/2002 6:50:15 AM EDT
[#13]
I can't find G20 full capacity mags cheaper than $90 per.

That's horrible.
Link Posted: 12/29/2002 6:53:49 AM EDT
[#14]
Three Glocks now.
20,29 & 33.

Have owned- 17,21 & 23

Zero problems

MM419
Link Posted: 12/29/2002 7:04:47 AM EDT
[#15]
http://photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/IG_LoadImage.asp?iImageUnq=788
Link Posted: 12/29/2002 7:05:06 AM EDT
[#16]
I can't seem to find a new GenIII G23 for the price of a Jennings or a Lorcin. Them greedy Glock bastards!
Link Posted: 12/29/2002 7:06:29 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Fixed Waldo's link - you're welcome.

Now how did Waldo manage to do that?

Edited to add question.
Link Posted: 12/29/2002 7:11:14 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:
photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/IG_LoadImage.asp?iImageUnq=788

Fixed your link - you're welcome.

Now how did you manage to do that?

Edited to add question.

Finally, details man, details?
Link Posted: 12/29/2002 7:11:36 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 12/29/2002 7:12:17 AM EDT
[#20]
I don't have one..

Oh the horror.  

More things added to the list to piss away money on.
Link Posted: 12/29/2002 7:18:13 AM EDT
[#21]
My personal Glock Horror Story:

I had just finished booking a prisoner into jail, when an officer a few blocks away started calling for assistance; nobody else was available, so I ran outside to my Patrol Car and went to his aid.

On arrival, I got out of the car. A good Patrol Officer checks for their weapon unconciously several hundred times a shift. I bumbed my holster with my elbow, and to my horror, my holster was empty; I had left my issued SIG P229 in the gun locker at the jail!

When noone was looking, I drew my back-up gun, a Glock 30. Much to my suprise, it fit in my duty holster. I figured I was going to get away with this one.

Near the end of the call (the arrival of a second officer calmed the gangbangers down, and we were cutting them loose with a bunch of tickets) the other officer siad to me "Why are you carrying a Glock?" I just gave him an embarrassed look. He asked me "Did you leave your gun at the Jail?"

I replied that I had. The horror, the horror.

Does that qualify as a Glock horror story?
I have never had any other trouble with my Glocks.
Link Posted: 12/29/2002 7:34:15 AM EDT
[#22]
WTF, I'm @ GLOCKTALK...  Oh, nevermind, this is ARFCOM.  Sorry, you guys just confuse the crap out of me sometimes.

My personal GLOCK horror story happened yesterday with several other ARFCOM members present.  The other current thread of GLOCKs with no safeties is sort of descriptive of my horror story.

I do not consider ANY gun without an active safety mechanism OFF THE TRIGGER to be "SAFE".  PERIOD.  I would *NEVER* recommend a GLOCK to a new shooter unless I've seen them training with other "Safer" handguns and notice their trigger finger whilst handling other guns.

This is not to say that I refuse to own a GLOCK, because that's just not true.  I someday hope to have my own GLOCK 27, and perhaps a 17 or 22 as well.

BUT, have any of you ever experienced the "NEWBIE EXCITED AND PROUD SPIN"?  Where a new shooter at the range puts her first couple shots right into the bullseye of the target, gets VERY excited, then SPINS around to express herself in some way or another, not realizing she's got a Loaded, Chambered, Finger On Trigger, pointed at MY upper torso...  Well, that happened yesterday, and I had the good old fashioned "OH SH!T!" look on my face (As I don't like being shot at, once was enough in my life).

The other ARFCOM members present quickly alerted her to her folly, some by flinching, others with dreaded looks on their faces, and most just saying calmly "Whoa there..."  She quickly righted the situation, and was incredibly apologetic.  However, you see the dilemma with GLOCKs being problematic with those who are not familiar to shooting and safety.

People claim that the first two gun safety mechanisms are THE BRAIN, and the TRIGGER FINGER.  However, what happens if BOTH of these safeties were only mildly familiar with guns, and had a tendency to fail from time to time?  If these two safeties FAIL, then ALL THREE of the GLOCK's safeties have failed and would result in possible damage, injury, death, or all of the above.

I LOVE shooting GLOCKs on TWO CONDITIONS:
1 - It has the competition trigger installed (I hate the normal trigger pull).
2 - I'm shooting the glock with ONLY people that I KNOW have experience safely handling guns.
Link Posted: 12/29/2002 7:41:07 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
The other ARFCOM members present quickly alerted her to her folly, some by flinching, others with dreaded looks on their faces, and most just saying calmly "Whoa there..."  She quickly righted the situation, and was incredibly apologetic.  However, you see the dilemma with GLOCKs being problematic with those who are not familiar to shooting and safety.

People claim that the first two gun safety mechanisms are THE BRAIN, and the TRIGGER FINGER.  However, what happens if BOTH of these safeties were only mildly familiar with guns, and had a tendency to fail from time to time?  If these two safeties FAIL, then ALL THREE of the GLOCK's safeties have failed and would result in possible damage, injury, death, or all of the above.

Quick question, what dictates that the person in question would even remember to put the gun on safe before turning around? What makes the connection between brain and safety finger stronger than that of brain to trigger finger?

Not pointing the gun at anything else than a target should rank higher than remembering to put the gun on safe after firing the last round.
Link Posted: 12/29/2002 7:44:06 AM EDT
[#24]
I have the Glaock Model 22.The problem I have with it is I don't get to practice immediate action from a jam. The dern thing keeps fireing.

I have to say this.It's negative.My father bought a 9mm Glock NIB about 1995 . It had a Lazer installed in it(guide rod). Now the Gun shop told him & me it was factory installed.It was real neat.The reason he bought it was a neighbor went loco and there had been a gunfight already between them.He pulled up into our yard and started shooting a P89 and my father returned fire with a Remington 870 (police) shotgun.No one was hit.My father fired at him blindly.He was pinned down behind a log pile.He did get the rear window.The sheriff conculed it was in self defense( we already had a restraining order on him). He was on the run.He was a Paranoid Schizophrenia.The sheriff recommended my father get a Glock for personal defence when out and about.Now back to the Glock.When we got it home it would jam about every 3 rounds. We tried ball nose, JHP .It would jam on both types.Took it back and supposely they sent it back to Glock.2 weeks later he got it back and it would jam now 1 time per mag.That was anough for my father.He took it back and bought a wheel gun .357  . I personally think it was a fluke.Thats the only on that Ive personally seen jam like that.Now did Glock install the Lazer sight or was the Gunshop lieing. It was NIB .I will say he paid about $700 for it. Im sure Glock could have fixed the problem but at the time his life depended on it.Didn't have the time to waste.To end the story of my father and neighbor.My parents went out of town to Ohio.The waco burned down my parents house while they was away.He then made threats on my my life and my brothers life through his exwife.The problem was he didnt live here anymore when  the restraining order was placed.He lived in Fl. and us in Georgia.He would drive up here and do his terrorism.The Fl law looked for him at his sisters house but to no luck.They said he would most likely be found by accident.We caught him up here in Ga at a Waffel house.Sheriff took him in and we took him to trial.He got two years in Prison.Ending story, My father died Christmas day 2000, from cancer.The neighbor died in Fl. Jan 1 2001 from a heart attack. I hope it was my Father ghost that did it. War Dawg
Link Posted: 12/29/2002 7:46:31 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
communities.prodigy.net/sportsrec/glock/gz-g30kb.html

here is mine with pics

mike

Thanks TBS, that is what I was looking for.  Was anybody hurt?  Was this ever resolved with GLOCK?

Nice pics, by the way.
Link Posted: 12/29/2002 8:02:23 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quick question, what dictates that the person in question would even remember to put the gun on safe before turning around? What makes the connection between brain and safety finger stronger than that of brain to trigger finger?

Not pointing the gun at anything else than a target should rank higher than remembering to put the gun on safe after firing the last round.

I don't think any of the "safety" arguments hold any water.  Not to statrt a flame, but I agree with skullworks.  The only weapon possible to prevent this situation would be a singleshot rifle or pistol. Name another pistol or revolver that would have prevented a ND or made YOU feel safe in this situation  Safety is in training and knowledge. Gun on target, ready to fire, finger on trigger.  Gun off target, not ready to fire, finger off trigger.

In LEO I can see the value of a manual safety, when engaged and weapon is snatched, it might buy valuable time.
Link Posted: 12/29/2002 8:46:01 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:
communities.prodigy.net/sportsrec/glock/gz-g30kb.html

here is mine with pics

mike

Thanks TBS, that is what I was looking for.  Was anybody hurt?  Was this ever resolved with GLOCK?

Nice pics, by the way.

After doing a little research on the g30 i decided i didn't want it repaired. I sold it to a freind for scrap. He sent it off to glock. They admitted the chamber failed but told him they would refurbish it for 275.00 or charge him 250.00 for an analysis for warranty. either way it was going to cost him money.
He had it fixed and after dealing with glock  sold it before he ever fired it. In fact he is now a firm beleiver that the 9mm is the only thing glock ever built right.
Glock screwed me and my freind with their severe lack of service even though they admitted the product failed and not the ammo.

mike
Link Posted: 12/29/2002 9:46:19 AM EDT
[#28]
GLOCK RULES THE ATOMIC WASTELAND!!!!!everyone who has shot my 26 love it.never jams,always works..its so boring-it just shoots and shoots.Function over form should be the norm... FUG your pretty guns..
Link Posted: 12/29/2002 12:39:41 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I don't think any of the "safety" arguments hold any water.  Not to statrt a flame, but I agree with skullworks.  The only weapon possible to prevent this situation would be a singleshot rifle or pistol. Name another pistol or revolver that would have prevented a ND or made YOU feel safe in this situation  Safety is in training and knowledge. Gun on target, ready to fire, finger on trigger.  Gun off target, not ready to fire, finger off trigger.

In LEO I can see the value of a manual safety, when engaged and weapon is snatched, it might buy valuable time.

BBossman & Skullworks,

I'm not disagreeing with your statements one bit.  I DO BELIEVE that a good mind, and good Safety Training are paramount in the handling of any weapon.

However, we ALL know that NOT every person  handling a gun has had great training and experience with safety.  It is for this reason that I do not initially trust others with firearms.  These two "Primary" safety measures are not always adhered to, either out of negligence, accident, or inexperience.  Thus these Primary means of safety are NOT reliable.

All I am saying is that I do not trust everyone with a GLOCK, as I do not trust everyone to have good safety training.  If GLOCKs had a separate safety OFF the trigger, it COULD help reduce the chance of accident, or negligent discharge.  It may, or may not.  In my personaly case, it probably wouldn't have helped much since safety rules were broken (ie: pointing it in an unsafe direction [at me], and having the finger on the trigger).  But if safety rules are broken when an active safety is engaged, it could potentially save a life.

Skull, to answer your first question...  It likely wouldn't have helped in my situation, as the shooter did not use good safety techniques.  However, if someone just picked up a firearm, that additional safety (if engaged) COULD prevent an ND if the firearm was in the hands of an inexperienced (unsafe) person.

For example, this past year, a small child shot his father with his own glock after the father had just returned from duty and set his gun down.  The addition of a safety would have likely saved his life.  The same goes for inexperienced adults as well.  Like BBossman also states it could help buy crucial time for police if their gun was taken.

We both know there is no significant connection regarding your second question, as in my case it wouldn't have helped.  I'm not trying to flame, but in some circumstances it would help.  It's not that I don't trust GLOCKs, or don't LIKE GLOCKs (Because I do like them), I just don't trust people with mediocre safety trainging with GLOCKs.

Also, I would like to state for the record that I do not fully trust ANY gun, as safeties are mechanical devices, and CAN fail.  But I trust guns and their safeties MORE than I trust rookie shooters (and I deal with them A LOT).

Sorry, I didn't mean to start any flame in the AR15.com Glock Forum.  My apologies.
Link Posted: 12/29/2002 12:51:13 PM EDT
[#30]
I've had a few problems with a Glock, not mine, a friends.  He drug me along when him and another friend were going out to practice for a class.  I was using a glock 17.  I think all the mags were 17 rounders.  The one I was having problems with, I think was an aftermarket mag.  I would chamber a round, fire it and the next round would jam.  It only did it with that mag.

Junior_Gunnut  
Link Posted: 12/29/2002 12:55:25 PM EDT
[#31]
My Glock 30 has been rock-solid since I bought it, which is more than I can say about my Kimber Ultra CDP so far.
Link Posted: 12/29/2002 1:03:23 PM EDT
[#32]
I just put 250 rounds thru my 34 about 30 minutes ago...

It ran flawlessly as always.
Link Posted: 12/29/2002 1:06:25 PM EDT
[#33]
I have a Glock 20.  It is a 10mm, so it is so loud that bood squirts out your ears when you fire it, and has so much recoil that your elbows rub your shoulder blades.  It is so overpowered that the barrel blows up every three shots.  

I have to be cautious outdoors because five minutes in the sun and the plastic gets as fragile as thin glass.  

The biggest bitch is I can't store my magazines loaded, or they pop open and spill my cartridges everywhere.  So I bought some FML magazines so I don't have to pry a magazine out to reload.
Link Posted: 12/29/2002 1:45:26 PM EDT
[#34]
Thanks tfod, that is the hysterical rumors I expected to hear.

Beer Slayer, thanks for posting a documented GLOCK horror story.

iNuBad, oh whatever manuneadaknewname, thanks for giving some thoughtful imput into your post.  I purposely did not post this in the GLOCK forum in hopes of getting at some of the rumors that persist.  If I put it in the GLOCK forum I would be hard pressed to get any negative responses.

As my original post points out, I am not a blind supporter of GLOCK.  It is not my first choice in handguns, but a choice.

Thanks to everybody who loves thier GLOCKs, now what about Kimber......
Link Posted: 12/29/2002 1:55:02 PM EDT
[#35]
Thanks for getting the humor, I was half worried someone would take me serious.  

But on a serious note, I have shot thousands of rounds through Glocks without a jam or misfire.  My buddy who owns a gunstore has only ever seen one broken Glock, the nagazine well was cracked, and Glock replaced the frame.

I have had one magazine break, at the front, in front of the uppermost cartridge.  The new racing stripe mags have metal to the top, unfortunately as far as I know only the 10mm magazines are legally available as full capacity magazines with this feature.

I don't use aftermarket recoil springs.  A complete Glock recoil spring assembly is like $6 dollars, so I just swap it out every couple thousand rounds.

I had one problem with a Kimber, it had a bad magazine catch.  An easy fix, not a big problem, but the magazines would fall out when I shot it.  
Link Posted: 12/29/2002 2:11:45 PM EDT
[#36]
I had problems with my 31 when I first got it.  During the first 100 rounds, it jammed about 5 times.  Problem was I limp wristed it.  Never had another problem out of any Glock since.
Link Posted: 12/29/2002 2:17:23 PM EDT
[#37]
I'm as big a Glock fan as they come. I have a 23 and a 27.

I've had two issues. Both my own doing. The first was a case head separation in the 27. That's what I get for firing "remanufactured" lead ammo. It only sandblasted the top of my magazine. I switched to Jarvis barrels in both the 23 and the 27. The Jarvis barrel has a fully supported chamber and this problem was solved. My change caused another issue in the 27 though, which was failure to go into battery a lot, because of the tighter chamber on the Jarvis (it wasn't a problem on the 23). This I fixed by discovering cheap factory ammo like S&B, etc., thus allowing a return to the stock barrels.

Box stock Glock is the way to go!
Link Posted: 12/29/2002 2:21:58 PM EDT
[#38]

Also, I would like to state for the record that I do not fully trust ANY gun, as safeties are mechanical devices, and CAN fail.  But I trust guns and their safeties MORE than I trust rookie shooters (and I deal with them A LOT).

Three words: supervised hot range. It solves a lot of problems.
Link Posted: 12/29/2002 2:22:07 PM EDT
[#39]
Carry my G27 everyday, no problems in 3+ years.
Link Posted: 12/29/2002 4:23:11 PM EDT
[#40]
The only problem I've ever had with Glock is that they are not approved for on duty carry with my dpartment.

Anyone that has let internet BS worry them to the point that they no longer trust their 40 caliber Glock (or any other Glock for that matter) can contact me. I will be glad to take it off their hands. And because I'm a nice guy i'll even pay for the shipping.
Link Posted: 12/29/2002 4:42:38 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 12/29/2002 4:55:04 PM EDT
[#42]
If you scan the threads at Glocktalk.com, you'll see a horror story here and there.  There's talk that you must NEVER shoot lead bullets through a Glock.

My only problems have been due to out-of-spec ammo getting wedged in the chamber.  Bracing the front of the slide against the shooting bench and pushing on the frame solves this.

A Glock, like any gun, is a mechanical object that operates at very high speed, heat, and pressure.  It WILL malfunction eventually.  There will always be out-of-spec ammo, manufacturing defects, and just plain ole' bad luck.  

The question is not "will it malfunction?"  The question is "what will you do WHEN it malfunctions?"  

Will you sit there and stare at it dumbly or will you clear the jam and get back to business?

Link Posted: 12/29/2002 5:10:25 PM EDT
[#43]
I sold my G-27.[>q]Wish I had it back.
How's that for a horror story?
GLOCK23
Link Posted: 12/29/2002 5:42:10 PM EDT
[#44]
The problem with Glocks is that they are ADDICTIVE, you must restrict yourself not to fall into the habit of keep buying them.
Wave showed me his G26, 5 months ago, I tried it for 2 minutes, biggest mistake I made, now I have, the G26, G19, G19C and waiting for the G17. Even my wife got hooked, she has aG19C. This is bad!!!!! But I love it sooooo much...... Thanks Wave.
Link Posted: 12/29/2002 6:30:40 PM EDT
[#45]
The only problem I have is that the ceiner .22 LR conversion kit I bought for my 17 failed after about 10,000 rounds.  Now no matter how much I clean it, it jams about every other round after 50 rounds.  I have a 17, 21, and 30 and have no problems with them what so ever.  Never jamed or stvepiped, I have never even had to perform any remedial action ever.  I want a 36, 19 and a 26 to round out my collection.  All are stock and wouldn't change a thing.
Link Posted: 12/29/2002 6:44:18 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
All I am saying is that I do not trust everyone with a GLOCK, as I do not trust everyone to have good safety training.  If GLOCKs had a separate safety OFF the trigger, it COULD help reduce the chance of accident, or negligent discharge.  It may, or may not.  In my personaly case, it probably wouldn't have helped much since safety rules were broken (ie: pointing it in an unsafe direction [at me], and having the finger on the trigger).  But if safety rules are broken when an active safety is engaged, it could potentially save a life.

It seems as though we do agree, however if I don't trust someone to use a firearm than the issue of what kind of firearm the person is in possession of is a mute point.

The example of th kid shooting the dad, yeah a secondary safety might have helped. But unloading the firearm and/or making sure its out of reach from the kid would have prevented it too. Unsafe gunhandling is the core of that problem.

Oh well, no need to argue this point any further as we both know where we stand.
Link Posted: 12/29/2002 7:13:59 PM EDT
[#47]
My backup 27 failed once while qualifying. The recoil rod broke and the slide would not retract. I have many many many more rounds through my 229 with no problems......
Link Posted: 12/29/2002 7:25:26 PM EDT
[#48]
I love my Glock(s).  I carried my G19 Gen1 for 10 years and shot it at least once per week during that time.  It never failed me, ever.  I carry a 1911 now, but still love Glocks.

I also own Sigs and HK's, and I have had no problems with them either.  I think PMCS and using good quality ammo has a lot to do with my experience.

I do reload for all my rifles and sometime push it, I have had issues with some of them, but it is all my fault.  Hey a 223imp at 4000 ft/s, you gotta try.  I feel that user error is the root of most of peoples issues with Glock or any other quality weapon
Link Posted: 12/29/2002 7:49:49 PM EDT
[#49]
The only two problems that I have had with my G19 was with Fiocchi (sp?) ammo; the primers were too heavy for the striker, and a broken extractor. When the extractor broke I had put 10,000 + rounds through it and when I bought the gun it was used anyway, so the amount of ammo shot is unknown. I sold it before I left MA since they were not available new in state before I left.
Link Posted: 12/29/2002 8:10:10 PM EDT
[#50]

My trigger spring broke on my G19. The loop on the end of it. Just used needle nose pliers to re attach it.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top