Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/28/2002 8:11:10 PM EDT
I can't find any sort of holographic sights in the local shops, so I'm probably going to order an Eotech based on its praise here.  My only concern is with longer range accuracy.  What kind of groups can you get with a 3moa dot at around 100 yards or so?  I would think your groups would open up some due to the amount of target the dot covers.  Is this correct, or am I missing something?  I'd just like to know before I spend that much money on something that might not be as useful as i'd like it to be.
Link Posted: 12/28/2002 8:40:02 PM EDT
[#1]
EOTech has a plain dot reticle also...But Ive never seen 1 for sale.
Link Posted: 12/28/2002 9:26:38 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
What kind of groups can you get with a 3moa dot at around 100 yards or so?

The Eotech dot is only 1 MOA, at least on the new models.  I don't own one, but I can't imagine the accuracy is any worse than standard iron sites @ 100 yards.
Link Posted: 12/28/2002 9:48:51 PM EDT
[#3]
I seem to be a little less accurate with the Eotech than with irons, but still pretty good.
Link Posted: 12/29/2002 6:07:58 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:
What kind of groups can you get with a 3moa dot at around 100 yards or so?

The Eotech dot is only 1 MOA, at least on the new models.  I don't own one, but I can't imagine the accuracy is any worse than standard iron sites @ 100 yards.

Thanks for the info, I thought they were 3moa, which was one thing holding me back.
Link Posted: 12/29/2002 6:39:34 AM EDT
[#5]
I too am pretty sure that the Eotechs have 1moa dots. IRC, the Aimpoints have 3moa dots.
Link Posted: 12/29/2002 9:44:35 AM EDT
[#6]
100 yard I am better with iron sights. I think if most people did a side by side they would be better too.

SPEED is what the EOtech is about. I shoot three gun type games and I noticed a difference in speed the first time I used one.

100 yards slow fire bullseye type, I do much better with irons. Running and gunning, the EOtech is sweet.
Link Posted: 12/29/2002 2:29:54 PM EDT
[#7]
the eotech has a one MOA dot with a 30 moa(i think or was it 60) ring around it.

i personally love it.

The ring is great for anything less than 75 yards.

and for more precise shots the dot does the job.
Link Posted: 12/29/2002 5:52:58 PM EDT
[#8]
Get one I love mine I have the 552NV and I do good out to 200 yds. I now use it om my HK SL8 for short range and a scope for long range
Link Posted: 12/29/2002 6:05:07 PM EDT
[#9]
past 50 yrds the iron sights will give a better group if shooting for accuracy. For close in speed Nothing beats it.

mike
Link Posted: 12/29/2002 8:56:28 PM EDT
[#10]
I have a Bushnell Holosight on my Bushy 20".  I understand it is the same sight minus the guard or whatever.  I would have to say I can shoot it as well or better at all distances than I can iron sights.  I put a target out about 175 yards (paces) and shot 10 shots prone with my bipod.  It was about a 3" group or so.  I didn't take my time shooting, nor did I measure the group.  All I know is that I was plenty satisfied with the results.  In my opinion you won't be disappointed.  I never look at the ring, I just use the little 1 moa dot.
Link Posted: 12/30/2002 7:39:36 AM EDT
[#11]
IIRC, the Eotech has a 1MOA dot with 65MOA circle.  The Aimpoint has a 4 MOA dot.
Link Posted: 12/30/2002 2:36:56 PM EDT
[#12]
My Bushmaster M4 with the EO tech(1 moa dot) will put 20 shots into a 3" circle at 50 yards as fast as you can reacquire the target and speed of target acquisition is why you would want a holo sight for CQB in the first place.  So to answer the question, yes they are very accurate!
Link Posted: 12/30/2002 2:54:52 PM EDT
[#13]
imposter is correct.  The standard reticle is 1 MOA dot inside a 65MOA ring.  There is also a dot-only reticle that doesn't have the ring.

As mentioned above, CQB is really where the EOTech shines.  Though I must admit that it has probably improved my medium range groups as well, compared to my irons.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top