Signal,Illumination,Ground:
M158-Redstar cluster
M125-GreenStar cluster
M159-WhiteStar cluster

Signal,Illumination,Ground,Parachute:
M126A1-Redstar parachute illumin.
M127A1-Whitestar parachute illumin.
M195-Greenstar para illumin.

I went to the Pontiac Gunshow(largest in MI)
specifically looking for AR accessories,mags,
and M-18 Smoke grenades. Found no M18s but I DID
stumble upon 2 signal combat illuminators:1 M158 Redstar cluster and
1 m127A1 Parachute iluminator, dated '75 new in the sealed tube. Snatched 'em both up at $25.00
ea. I always wanted some for my personal amusement and was curious as to the rarity and collectors value of these things.

Are they in high demand and/or fetch prices similar to M18s?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 12/29/2002 7:16:13 AM EDT
[#1]
well i got a set of them for about $200 2 years ago at a gun show the set hade every thing in this pic.
Link Posted: 12/30/2002 7:27:05 AM EDT
[#2]
DO NOT put the end cap on them and bump the primer. Had a kid demo one of them in Nam. He put the cap on it and bumped it without intending to fire it. It fired and did a very poor job of going through the bunker roof (sheet metal and sand bags). Left a lot of the phosphorous in the bunker and the three guys that were in it. Medics worked on the three for a while.
Link Posted: 12/30/2002 8:53:08 AM EDT
[#3]
They don't punch through tree canopy that well.  You need to send them up through an opening in the overhead trees.  I don't know about how rare.  I've seen smoke grenades for sale more often than pop-flares, so maybe they are.  Never really thought about them that much.  

They work great and are WAY COOL to play with.  

You can start a heck of a fire with them in grass too.

Ross
Link Posted: 12/30/2002 2:56:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the replies fellas!

These sound like a HOOT to play around with!
'specially the parachute flare.

Link Posted: 12/30/2002 11:56:43 PM EDT
[#5]
iv thought of selling them. IM me if any one is looking for some
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top