Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/28/2002 2:43:14 PM EDT
went to the pontiac gunshow today, and someone, i think it was midwest ordinance, had a hesse 50 cal for 2500 bucks, don't they sell for 1100 or so, also had some other really high priced items at the show, not many good deals to be found, a spas 12 for 950, like new, and a few 14-1500 dollar post ban parts kit ar's, a few 14-1500 beater sp1 rifles, whew, also went to mount clemens show today, a whole row of post ban colt 20 inchers, a2 sights, hbars for 850, much more good deals there than in pontiac, seen a guy at a booth called A ZONE, he had a lot of nice stuff, sure fire, good deals on glocks, and knights stuff, handguards, and sights, but i bought nothing today but the stromboli......, whadda ya think about the hesse
Link Posted: 12/28/2002 2:45:58 PM EDT
[#1]
......, whadda ya think about the hesse?

We manufacture .50 BMG ammo where I work, and if we know you will be putting it through a Hesse, we won't sell you any ammo.  That's what we think about them!

McBalming
Link Posted: 12/28/2002 2:46:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Stromboli Yes, Hesse NO!
Link Posted: 12/28/2002 3:32:19 PM EDT
[#3]
woaaah horsey, stop the train, do not get me wrong, I DO NOT LIKE THE HESS, and do not wanna be a hessian, he he he, i was just commenting on the prices at the show, the hesse sells for 1100 bucks, but it was marked 2500, i almost crapped a load over the 1400 buck price gouge
Link Posted: 12/29/2002 6:11:12 PM EDT
[#4]
I just got done talking about this...I know someone with a 50 cal Hessie. The gun shoots great, if you can stand the recoil. It seems accurate enough and has not caused any major Malfunctions. Lots of Kick Like Frank Squids 50.
I hear all these horro stories about hessie. He has to be doing something right to still be in busines. I am leary about buying from them, but I need to do some of my own investigating about what the problem is before I condem a person and his business
Link Posted: 1/3/2003 11:59:56 AM EDT
[#5]
I also went to both shows.  Was that the same guy who had the Styr AUG for $6000 and thumbhole Bulgarioan AK's for $850? in the racks standing on the table, at the Pontiac show.

I was also very dissapointed about the Pontiac show, there were only 2 or 3 dealers selling ammo and mostly older bolt guns and collectables.

The Gibraltar show was excellent!  Way more variety, except I saw 2 HK91 prebans there (must resist temptation).  The owner of A ZONE is cool I stood there at one show and talked to him for almost an hour, plus I could check out AR mounts an acessories in person.

Link Posted: 1/3/2003 12:13:09 PM EDT
[#6]
... I opted for an $1100 Hesse just to see what was up them.

... I gotta tell you, it's machine work was fine, shoots well and is fairly accurate. Actually, I'd prefer an AR-50 but it's not in my budget now. Maybe by years' end. At that time I wouldn't hesitate to sell the Hesse to a friend, it functions just as a bolt action should, just fine.

... I wouldn't try to screw someone $2500 though.

Link Posted: 1/3/2003 7:47:26 PM EDT
[#7]
yup that was them, way overpriced everything, and you are right, gibralter was better, i will be at talor show saturday
Link Posted: 1/3/2003 9:01:20 PM EDT
[#8]
Midwest, are not these the same guys that were busted for making preban arms not a few months back?  They had a Colt AR15 for $1000 at the Mt Clemens show.  It was obviously a postban with a preban upper.  I asked the guy and he assured me it was preban.  I went home and got the list of preban serials and it was postban.  When I went back and they had it hidden under the table.  I would be careful around these guys.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top