Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/26/2002 4:01:16 AM EDT
I'm in need of a new trigger for benchrest shooting ( DPMS Extreme Super Bull ) What's your opinion on the best trigger & one that will be virtually maintenance free, except for cleaning of course? I've heard of triggers that needed constance maintenance like screws loosing, tightening ect.. Don't want one of those. I'm getting consistent half inch groups at 100 yards 1 inch at 200 yards using federal 62 grain. 1:8 twist. I would like a tad bit smaller if possible? So I figured a new trigger was a good place to start.
I tried several different ammo makers Black Hills, Hornaby ect.. but for my rifle the Federal is the ticket.

PS: What is the idea trigger weight for Benchrest is your opinion?
Link Posted: 12/26/2002 5:02:40 AM EDT
[#1]

I've got four aftermarket triggers in ARs and one $200+ Jewell in my 300 winmag and have never had anything "come loose" ever.
If you ask 10 people about triggers, you'll probably get 10 different "opinions".

My only experiances have been with Jewell and JP.
Link Posted: 12/26/2002 6:09:19 AM EDT
[#2]
I tried the RRA trigger and it did nothing for me.  I just recently picked up a Jewell and like it.  It is set at 1.5/0.5 pounds right now and works like a charm.

The instructions were horrible, but installation was pretty straight forward.
Link Posted: 12/26/2002 6:45:31 AM EDT
[#3]
All the talk about stuff coming loose is usually said under the premise of a SHTF gun, where simplicity is extremely important. For a benchrest or other match rifle, the Jewell trigger is probably tops. I have one in my (under construction) "service rifle" lower and it is better than any of my others. There are a coulpe of adjustment screws, but if there is any concern about them loosening I would just use a little Loctite. I have RRA's in two other AR's that I use for plinking and target shooting, and they are pretty nice too, but just not as precise as the Jewell.
Link Posted: 12/26/2002 8:23:51 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 12/26/2002 8:56:51 AM EDT
[#5]
Hello,
this is my setup , works Good
TS2

Link Posted: 12/26/2002 1:43:45 PM EDT
[#6]
CLE...Compass Lake Engineering. Frank and his guys are GOOD!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top