Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/25/2002 4:56:48 PM EDT
I have a U.S. Army 22LR conversion kit for my AR. I believe it is called a M261. For some reason it wont work on my AR. I have both pre-ban with no sear block and post ban AR's. The magazine (20 round USGI) with the insert wont lock in my post ban. In my pre-ban it locks, but will only fire one shot. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 12/25/2002 6:18:05 PM EDT
[#1]
It took me several weekends of tweaking to get mine running well.  These things are sensitive to the carrier mag.  I have found that orlites work best in my bushie.  That the unit won't lock may mean that the mag is not properly fitted in the carrier mag.  I have had bad luck with USGI, better luck with western or USA steel and great luck with orlites.  Every now and then the mag insert slips causing a malfunction, but hey, this is a training device and what better tool to teach failure drills.  I do love mine and shoot it more than anything else I own. FWIW my I am currently using it in a Oly A1 upper with 16" 1 in 14 barrel Bushmaster lower.  Soon to be replaced by Cavarms lower whenever it arrives.  I get 1" goups rested at 50 yards.  Also, these things are ammo sensitive, so far the only really cheap stuff that seems to feed reliably in mine is Remington Thunderbolt.  Also works well with CCI minimags.  It will not feed hollow points worth a damn so avoid them.  Hope this helps.

Also, spare parts and mags are available from SARCO.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top