Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/25/2002 1:27:27 PM EDT
I was asked this question today.  Someone had their handgun stolen and wants to know if they can purchase a handgun from private party without having to wait ten days?  I told him I think anytime a gun is sold in California, the owner has to go thru someone with an FFL to do the transfer legally.  And this means the FFL needs to hold the gun for the new owner for ten days while a background check is performed. I would like confirmation on this.  And by the way, Merry Christmas, Happy Holiday Seasons to all.  Ralph in Fresno, Ca.
Link Posted: 12/25/2002 7:19:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Hey Ralph...A Fresno Boy...me too! Anyway,yes.The firearm has to go through a dealer for the paperwork and their gonna hold it for the ten days.Merry Christmas.....
Link Posted: 12/26/2002 4:07:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/9/2003 11:38:23 AM EDT
[#3]
Thank you for your responses both troy and nitrofish.  Ralph
Link Posted: 1/10/2003 10:25:47 AM EDT
[#4]
Life in occupied America.  God help us all.....
Link Posted: 1/10/2003 10:36:50 AM EDT
[#5]
And I thought Jersey was Faschist.

WOW

Tony
Link Posted: 1/10/2003 11:50:53 AM EDT
[#6]
I believe replacement of a stolen handgun and private transfers are both exemptions to the 10 day wait. So are guns purchased for theatrical productions (think there was any lobbying on THAT rule?!!?. Couple of other exemptions as well.
Link Posted: 1/10/2003 12:52:06 PM EDT
[#7]
I know that last year if you had a C&R license you could apply for another license. Forgot the name of it. But it allowed you to skip the 10 day waiting. The licence was also $100 a year so I never got it.
Link Posted: 1/10/2003 4:06:50 PM EDT
[#8]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top