Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/22/2002 7:12:31 PM EDT
A guy I know has a remington 700 in .270 for sale for $500. Its prolly at least 10 yrs old but it is in very good shape, its blue with a wood stock. It was his late fathers and now it is not being used at all. I have bought 2 other guns from this guy that were also his late fathers and I have never been disappointed. The rifle also has a leupold vari-x II or III, im not sure which mounted on it which comes with the deal. My only dilemma is, should I buy this just to turn a profit on it? I would feel bad because it was the guy's dad's. I dont hunt deer or anything and even if i did, its shotgun only here in ohio. And I already have plenty of plinkers. So i dont know what i should do.
Link Posted: 12/22/2002 7:57:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Thats a decent deal for a gun but nothing to go nuts over.  Also, I doubt you'd be making a big profit unless you could find an individual to pay a lot more than the, which would be hard.  Used Remington's normally sell from $450 to $600 regardless of the optic, unless its highdollar which they never leave on.  Buy it if you want the gun, just make sure you know what your getting.

Bill3508
Link Posted: 12/23/2002 5:32:58 AM EDT
[#2]
This is a good gun in a great caliber at a good price (see if he will go to $450) with outstanding optics. I would jump on this.
Link Posted: 12/23/2002 5:42:00 AM EDT
[#3]
Love my 700 BDL in .270. Great Whitetail rifle.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top