Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/21/2002 8:00:38 PM EDT
I'm putting together a post-ban and am torn between putting on a fixed position collapsed or a stubby stock.  Anyone have one?  How do you like your stubby stock?
Link Posted: 12/21/2002 8:06:12 PM EDT
[#1]
I have a stubby stock on my AR. I combined it with a 3-way adjustable recoilpad from Accuracy Speaks. This allows me to use it as well as my Hobbit friends.
Link Posted: 12/21/2002 8:12:22 PM EDT
[#2]
No, but I have a stubby di....

er....

nevermind....
Link Posted: 12/21/2002 8:16:31 PM EDT
[#3]
I put together a RRA upper lower with a Bushy 16" light weight barrel and entry stock. Fit's my 5' wife perfectly. Waaaaaaaay to short for me, but then I take a 34" sleave.
Link Posted: 12/21/2002 9:16:11 PM EDT
[#4]
I originally had one on my .223 combined with the Bushmaster 3/4" extended buttplate - brought the OAL to about 8 1/2". I'm 5'11" at 215lbs, nose to charging handle was right on, didnt have to lean forward as I did with the A2.

I've since swapped it with a A1 length {which is 9 5/8" IIRC) and moved the Entry Stock with extended buttplate to the 9mm Oly/PWA rifle. Wife seems to like it as well, heck of a lot more comfortable when shouldering.

Heres a pic when it was on the .223 rifle (along with the extended buttplate)
Link Posted: 12/21/2002 9:18:32 PM EDT
[#5]
I shot two different RRA M4orgeries with stubby stocks last weekend.  While they were a little handier the the full length, they seem to be of limited application, but very fun and different none the less.

rifleshooter.com
Link Posted: 12/21/2002 9:47:05 PM EDT
[#6]
I would reccomend a good shooting platform of a std. A2 stock over the looks good platform of a non collapsing.  The Entry stock is just for that when wearing tactical gear and nothing else.
Link Posted: 12/22/2002 2:32:52 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 12/22/2002 7:10:57 AM EDT
[#8]
Raf makes a good point which I neglected to mention. The Bushy extension doesnt allow for a trapdoor cavity. The new buttplate uses an A1 length screw to secure it to the shorter buffer tube.

But hey, whos gonna bring an AR to a gunfight...especially when ya have an AK.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top