Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/20/2002 10:58:37 AM EDT
Anyone have experience with Tikka rifles?  I'm looking for a new bolt .243 when I came accross one of these.  Looked nice, the salesman told me it is a subsidiary of Sako.  Any information would be helpful.
Link Posted: 12/20/2002 3:46:53 PM EDT
[#1]
My understanding is that Sako makes them as a "more affordable" model than their standard offerings.  I handled one recently, and was very impressed with it.
Link Posted: 12/20/2002 6:45:53 PM EDT
[#2]
i have a Tikka whitetail series 30-06 with a Vari X III and its a great rifle
Link Posted: 12/20/2002 7:07:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Tikka is a seperate line from Sako - they have been one company only a couple years, and Beretta owns them now.

The Tikka Master Sporter is the only model I have direct experience with, and I think you will be hard pressed to find better production rifles for the price, or even for a fair bit more money.  Try the bolt in one; notice how smooth the action operates.  The accuracy is lights out.
Link Posted: 12/21/2002 3:55:08 AM EDT
[#4]
I looked at one the other day.  Fantastic is a word that comes to mind.  There were a couple of "cost saving" measures, like some plastic parts of no consequence, but the action was smooth as glass and the trigger was SWEET!

Ross
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top