Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/16/2002 6:27:50 AM EDT
I experienced a new problem while breaking in my new AR this weekend. My right contact lens wanted to escape every time I fired the rifle and it actually did so twice in 25 rounds. Any ideas besides losing the contacts and wearing my glasses?
Link Posted: 12/16/2002 6:38:49 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/16/2002 6:54:26 AM EDT
[#2]
i am with BK1 on this.
sounds like poor fit.

i had this problem playing football but that's a much harder impact.  
Link Posted: 12/16/2002 10:22:37 AM EDT
[#3]
Maybe your eyes are drying out a bit (may happen as you get older, the weather, LASIK, etc.). If so, try blinking more or try rewetting drops. HTH
Link Posted: 12/16/2002 4:06:38 PM EDT
[#4]
If you would stop crying long enough because you are so excited to be out at the range having a hell of a lot of fun that would never happen. I just cry on the way. The anticipation is a MF!

OK seriously my contacts have never creeped on me at the range. Eye's have gotten dry though.
Link Posted: 12/16/2002 11:32:05 PM EDT
[#5]
I think your problem is something related to your AR. There's sometimes a bit of gas escaping at the junction of the upper & lower, i.e. right where the hyd buff meets the BC.

At Parris Island the M-16s were so worn that some had to put a small strip of tape on the gap to keep the gas off their eye.

Try it & see if it makes a difference.
Link Posted: 12/16/2002 11:44:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Ummm....you should be wearing eye protection when shooting your gun.  
Link Posted: 12/17/2002 3:32:38 AM EDT
[#7]

Are you wearing a hard type lens? If so, your cheek weld on the stock could be pulling on your facial skin and you are blinking during recoil.
It's never happened to me, but....
Link Posted: 12/17/2002 6:28:29 AM EDT
[#8]
I've never had this problem when shooting.  Like has been said before, they are probably dry or don't fit right.
Link Posted: 12/17/2002 11:43:59 AM EDT
[#9]
Okay, a little more info...been wearing contacts for 3 years+, Always wear eyes and ears during SCHEDULED shooting sessions, and this has NEVER happened while firng a pistol.  This is a new rifle, very good fit between upper and lower, rifle functions very well, and was checked by a knowledgeable friend of mine.  Three other people fired it and noticed nothing out of the ordinary, commented that the rifle shot and behaved very well.
Link Posted: 12/17/2002 12:59:29 PM EDT
[#10]
Its you lens, its improperly fitted or dry, try some rewetting drops first.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top