Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/14/2002 9:31:18 PM EDT
I bought a Yugo SKS and the dern thing wouldn't cycle. It would short stroke .The gas control switch was corroded and leaking gas. I went to a friends shop and made another ( custom fit). I dremeled  all the rust and scale away from the gas houseing and made a new gas on /off swith tube. I drilled the gas hole slightly larger incase I misaligned it while drilling.It lined up perfectly and I made a tight fit .It will turn but takes alittle effort. I will leave it in the gas on position for now on.I even made it fit the gas tube real tight.I gave the lip a slight taper and took some emory paper and polished it till it would just fit and fully seat its self.I went function shot it and it worked flawless. Thought I would share, War Dawg
Link Posted: 12/15/2002 5:32:05 AM EDT
[#1]
Where did you order your SKS from so I know not to get one from there.

Sounds like you did a pretty good job getting yours to work though. Do you have any pictures?
Link Posted: 12/15/2002 6:32:13 AM EDT
[#2]
Let us not forget we have an SKS forum on the AK side.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top