Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/12/2002 11:03:14 AM EDT
i just got a n.i.b. preban uzi model 45 semi-auto. the gun comes with the 16" barrel. i want to put a 10" barrel on it as that is the way it looks best. i asked my sister(atf employee)and she said i can't do it. she works in a different section and i'm pretty sure she is wrong and that i can do it. i think i have to do the same as if i want a full auto...form 4, $200 tax, fingerprint card, photo,cleo sign off. can anyone point me in the right direction on this? right or wrong, thanks to any and all that reply.
                                      don
Link Posted: 12/12/2002 11:35:49 AM EDT
[#1]
You're right, she's wrong.

Link Posted: 12/12/2002 11:49:27 AM EDT
[#2]
Actually it would be a form 1, since you are making a new weapon (SBR). Same $200, same fingerprints, CLEO signoff, etc. Assuming that SBRs are legal where you live.

Basically, you're right and she's wrong, as stated above.
Link Posted: 12/12/2002 11:56:07 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
You're right, she's wrong.

BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

You both are wrong! You can SBR your Uzi. I did mine in '88. You will do a "Form-1" (To make and register firearm): www.titleii.com/pdf/NewF1.pdf, CLEO, pics, prints, and $200 tax.

I have mine in 9mm, and 45. had the 45 barrel cut and faced on a lathe. Get a suppressor (that transfers on a Form-4) from dealer, unless you make your own on a Form-1.

WAY TOO MUCH FUN HERE
9mm w/out the can:

9mm w/can:

My post was supposed to be where yours is Ponyboy, I cant type that fast and add pics...
Link Posted: 12/12/2002 1:25:57 PM EDT
[#4]
looks like i'm good to go. can't thank you enough for the info. i'll print this short thread out to show my sister. now...how quickly can i find the overtime to pay for this little adventure?hmmmm.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top