Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/10/2002 2:21:00 PM EDT
Had a line on a RRA lower for a good price, but the guy called my and said it would be at least another month (or so) before they get any back in stock, but he did offer me a DPMS forged lower for the same price.  Should I jump on it?  Thanks.

vmax84

Just trying to put together your typical AR-15, 20 inch barrel, 2 stage trigger....something I'll hang onto for a long time.
Link Posted: 12/10/2002 2:46:59 PM EDT
[#1]
I have one of each, and they are both quality equipment.  If I had to chose one over the other, I'd probably go with the RRA.  My shooting buddy and I have had several and they are top notch.  And if you should ever have a problem, their service is great.
Their two-stage trigger is unbelievable!  I've not seen a better one.
Enjoy it!

Link Posted: 12/10/2002 4:55:30 PM EDT
[#2]
I would cancel the order, and buy a RRA from someone that has them on hand.

I have had to many dealers say they will have them in a month.  A month latter they say... another month.

Many times they are at the mercy of the Manufacturer and have no idea when they will come in.

I ONLY buy from those that have it on hand.
Link Posted: 12/10/2002 5:23:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Armalite er um.. Eagle Arms lowers are generally good and about the same price.
Link Posted: 12/11/2002 5:47:59 AM EDT
[#5]
A DPMS in the hand is worth 2 RRA's in the bush!

Seriously though,  DPMS makes a quality product.  The black teflon finish on them is icing on the cake.  Check the industry boards.  You rarely see ANY trouble with their product.  When compared side by side with anyone's AR, DPMS  is impressive.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top