Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/29/2002 3:55:50 PM EDT
Has anyone used the Outers Foul Out system? If so,
1) is it better on handguns than long guns?
2) is it better on lead than copper?
3) if a barrel isn't gummed up, does it make a difference?
4) is it worth the price?

I only shoot FMJ or JSP in all my guns so lead isn't a problem. Any advice is appreciated. Thanks.
Link Posted: 11/29/2002 4:56:06 PM EDT
[#1]

1) is it better on handguns than long guns?

No.

2) is it better on lead than copper?

I think it's slightly more effective on lead.

3) if a barrel isn't gummed up, does it make a difference?

It always makes a difference, but I think you see your best success when tackling heavy fouling.

4) is it worth the price?

Depends. I bought mine a year and some ago when Midway was running a special at $60 each with shipping. I don't think they're worth much more than that. Some may disagree.
Link Posted: 11/29/2002 8:51:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 11/30/2002 9:29:00 PM EDT
[#3]
I've read the critics reviews. I wanted to hear from the "real world".
Link Posted: 12/22/2002 5:21:25 AM EDT
[#4]
Did a search and am resurrecting this thread:

Has anyone gone here and tried this method:

www.storm.ca/~debin666/html/projects9.html

Sounds like a poor mans Outers Foul out, I just don't know about leaving amonia in the bore over night, I thought that was a no-no, comments??
Link Posted: 12/22/2002 7:21:53 AM EDT
[#5]
I have two (2) that I have never opened [one in amber and one in clear blister pack] and one (1) FOUL OUT II wall pack ac adaptor.

I bought them right before purchasing my various AR-10s, Magnum Research Lone Eagles......well, the bores on all of them are squeeky clean after a second douche 12 hours later with that super mellow Hoppe's #9.  So, I just never got around to using the OUTERS FO IIs.  They just sit on my shelf.........

da-da-damn, I have some sweet bores,

Dave S
Link Posted: 12/22/2002 7:48:10 AM EDT
[#6]
I occasionally use mine, it works. If you are against things like JB bore paste then you don't have many options if you want to get all the crud especially copper out. Like before a moly treatment. It is slow. IT won't remove the crud ring that forms just in front of the chamber with hot cartridges. Want to buy mine cheap, Got a gallon of the solvent and the extra ring and bar kits for shotgun also. Adapter also.
[email protected]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top