Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/28/2002 9:19:25 AM EDT
Sidearmor, Sidearmor, Sidearmor, IWB, IWB ,IWB. That's all I heard while searching for a holster about 9 months ago for my G27. Can't say I like it. I know, I know, I should have went to a store and looked at different kinds or tried some on, but I didn't. After eight months of wearing it I am fed up.

The thing stretches out my pants to begin with. Not to mention, I am physically fit so it digs into my hip bone like no tomorrow. It is just all around uncomfortable to me. Here in Utah and Wyoming, we just have to make a reasonable attempt to conceal the gun. So I can see why this is good for others, but I don't really care if people see the fact that I'm packing. Hell I have friends that tuck in thier shirts and where a duty holster. No one gives them any shit.

So my questions are: How many of you also dislike the Sidearmor IWB? and what is a good comfortable holster?
Link Posted: 11/28/2002 9:36:24 AM EDT
[#1]
Can't really comment on the Sidearmor since i've never used it, but I have used other IWB holsters.  From my experience, IWB's take the tradeoff of comfort for concealability.  Now that its cold and you'll be wearing a jacket or at least heavier clothing, you can probably get by with a high riding holster that is close fitting.  For me, a sweatshirt and this type of holster works great for my G26.  Still working on summer concealment though.
Link Posted: 11/28/2002 10:37:20 AM EDT
[#2]
if I saw somebody packin I wouldn't give them shit or the concealed is better lecture. of course it could be that I'm chickenshit!
Link Posted: 11/28/2002 9:35:33 PM EDT
[#3]
I ordered a Fist K1 in the ultrathin kydex for a Hahr P9, and it is about as close as you can get to no holster at all.  It honestly feel like you have the pistol with no holster on.  It is less than a mm thick.  
Link Posted: 11/28/2002 9:46:17 PM EDT
[#4]
I use a Kramer #2 for my G19.

www.gokart.net/cgi-bin/store.cgi/kramer?page=/index1.html&cart_id=%%cart_id%%
My head just can't get my brain to wrap around the idea of using a plastic holster, not even for a plastic pistol.
Link Posted: 11/28/2002 10:17:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 11/29/2002 1:01:30 AM EDT
[#6]
I know this isn't a holster, but I wouldn't trade my "fag bag" (waist pouch) for the world.  Easy on, easy off, ultra-comfortable, complete protection of weapon, easy deployment, ect.  Just can't wear it when you're "dressed up".
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top