Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/26/2002 10:55:31 AM EDT
I know, I’m sick of the “what pistol” topics also……….After watching “Gross Point Blank” on cable I gave myself this hypothetical Hollywood question to occupy my never-ending need to look at guns.

He is the question I posed to myself: Given that you wanted to carry 2 identical pistols in a waist or shoulder cross draw position what pistol would you choose. The curious thing is that I would not just purchase another one of the pistols I carry now to make a pair.

I usually carry an ultra compact .45. What not for dual handed Hollywood action?

1) The barrel jump is significant for one hand.
2) The beavertail (and the gun itself) is noisy
3) Even as a aluminum framed pistol, it is heavy.

A full-size 1911 (x2) would be a bit bulky and heavy and I wanted to look outside the 1911. Otherwise, it it did not make my question very fun or thoughtful.

Sometimes I carry a Walther P99 .40. It is too fussy with ammunition and doesn’t care much for cheap FMJs. It is hard to tend to a FTF when the other hand is occupied.

After some thought, I really could not come up with a better candidate than 2 Glock 19’s. They are; reliable, hi capacity, lighter weight, quieter (to carry) and I don’t even have a passion for Glocks, not at all.
The Sig 229 seemed to be the obvious second choice. I prefer hammered pistols. The added weight and height was a minus. I suppose the USP would fit the bill.

I just lost about $450 (and it is getting worse) in a crappy stock decision. That could have went to a gun!

Link Posted: 11/26/2002 12:10:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Only need one more

Link Posted: 11/26/2002 2:24:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Two Glocks would be Ideal

Then you could shoot them "Tactical-Gangsta Style"

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top