Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/20/2002 2:08:51 PM EDT
A #5 Mk I Jungle Carbine

Went to my favorite gun shop at lunch "just to look around" and found two of them.  Mine is the better conditioned of the two, and the less expensive for some reason.  That's how I justified buying it, anyway.  $199.  Manufactured in '45.  Looks like it's never been issued.  Wood's a little banged-up, but the finish is about 99% and the bore is excellent.  The bolt-head is a #1.  No remanufacture stamps.  Bolt and bolt-handle are in-the-white.  Really nice shape.

This is my last Enfield.

I swear.

No, really.

Honest.
Link Posted: 11/20/2002 5:46:14 PM EDT
[#1]
The Jungle Carbine is fun to shoot if you like recoil.

I've got an 11/44 rifle.  Mine has a #3 bolthead. I'm pretty sure it was made with a #3 bolthead too.

GPC has new rubber buttpads.

Now you will have an excuse for doing a slow burn when you read about some "expert" cautioning a newbie about the Jungle Carbine's famous "wandering zero."

Dennis Jenkins

Quoted:
A #5 Mk I Jungle Carbine
www.kimdutoit.com/images/Lee-Enfield_No5MkI_Jungle.jpg

Went to my favorite gun shop at lunch "just to look around" and found two of them.  Mine is the better conditioned of the two, and the less expensive for some reason.  That's how I justified buying it, anyway.  $199.  Manufactured in '45.  Looks like it's never been issued.  Wood's a little banged-up, but the finish is about 99% and the bore is excellent.  The bolt-head is a #1.  No remanufacture stamps.  Bolt and bolt-handle are in-the-white.  Really nice shape.

This is my last Enfield.

I swear.

No, really.

Honest.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top