Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/20/2002 12:31:17 AM EDT
I Just recieved Decembers issue of American Rifleman today and had a pleasant surprise. On the inside of the back cover is an advertisement for a SW99 in 45acp. Hopefully Walther will also introduce the P99 in 45. I think it would be the coolest looking 45 out there.
Link Posted: 11/20/2002 1:27:14 AM EDT
[#1]
Good news indeed. I am always happy when something cool is introduced to the market.

On another note, Smith and Wesson is also coming out with their own 1911 pistol next year! It looks as if this once troubled and misguided company is getting it's act together once again.
Link Posted: 11/20/2002 5:19:51 AM EDT
[#2]
Funny, if they would price the 945 a little better they would sell alot more of them. I like those better than the 1911's I have seen/shot.
SorryOciffer
Link Posted: 11/20/2002 10:37:52 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Funny, if they would price the 945 a little better they would sell alot more of them. I like those better than the 1911's I have seen/shot.
SorryOciffer

I would like them a lot better if they didn't have those GD holes in the slide where the "normal" S&W safety goes. Looked kinda cheesy to me.
Link Posted: 11/21/2002 9:24:32 AM EDT
[#4]
Since the SW99 is closely related to the Walther P99 any word if they will introduce the Walther in a .45 version as well?
Link Posted: 11/21/2002 3:12:38 PM EDT
[#5]
A p99 in 45. no way. I have the walther version in 40. and it has to be the worst recoiling gun ever, that flat spring with nylon recoil guide rod sucks ass but works fine in the glock, height of the slide for sure. Don't get me wrong I love the pistol for the way it fits my hand but 200 rds. of 180 grainers in a afternoon is slightly painful.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top