Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/19/2002 5:19:37 PM EDT
I watched BHD again and again in the opening scene when the guys in the heli are helplessly watching the militiamen steal the food there is a Delta guy with a short scope but obviously a telescopic scope which I have seen on old AR15's. It looks something like this Sporter scope:

Is this it? Or are ther diff types? WHat good is sucha 4x22 scope? Was this the precursor to the ACOG? Is it somehow illuminated or is it just a regular crosshairs scope? Does this also come in 1x ? Would such a 1x scope be any good in comparo to an Aimpoint or the like?

Doggonit
Link Posted: 11/19/2002 5:32:28 PM EDT
[#1]
No, it was an Aimpoint, can be clearly seen in a few shots in that scene and later on in the movie.

Link Posted: 11/19/2002 5:41:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Nope, it's an Aimpoint.

Check it out at 4:29 into the movie you'll get a better view of it and you can clearly see the battery housing on it.
Link Posted: 11/19/2002 6:47:26 PM EDT
[#3]
OK, the fact that you can cite the exact minute and second frightens me :D.
Link Posted: 11/20/2002 1:51:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Here´s Richard Tyson, who portrayed SSG Dan Busch in the movie, in the firing range scene.

Clearly an Aimpoint.

Link Posted: 11/20/2002 2:46:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Damn! I'm sorry boys. You are right. I froze the picture. It is indeed the Aimpoint w/ cover, battery housing, et al.

They had Aimpoints in 1993? How come I didn't hear about them? Oh yeah.... I was too young.

Doggonit

P.S.: I think they cheated and used modern Aimpoint in the movie...
Link Posted: 11/20/2002 4:46:32 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
OK, the fact that you can cite the exact minute and second frightens me :D.

Be afraid be VERY afraid!!!

I popped the DVD into the player because I wanted to see it for myself and I just took the time stamp from the display.
Link Posted: 11/20/2002 5:04:35 PM EDT
[#7]
A friend of mine that was serving at the time had an Aimpoint 1000.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top