Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/18/2002 12:26:40 PM EDT
Link Posted: 11/18/2002 1:38:00 PM EDT
[#1]
I like them just fine. I think they are too expensive for what they are though. A Brenneke is just about as good for 1/4 the price, but since you already have them I say enjoy!
Link Posted: 11/18/2002 3:04:46 PM EDT
[#2]
It's a good bullet. Very similar to what I use: Federal Premium with a Barnes Expander. Like the Remington, it's a 100% copper projectile with a huge, deep hollow point. So far this year: two shots, two bucks. First one shot at 45-50yds and dropped in his tracks. The second, was shot at 35yds and ran about 20yds and piled up. Both bullets exited, and caused massive internal damage. Both deer were broadside and hit behind the front leg (heart-lung region). My firearm (NEF Ultra-Slug) will put 5-shots inside of 3 inches at 100yds with these rounds.

Good luck.

Link Posted: 11/18/2002 3:42:36 PM EDT
[#3]
I use the standard Remington 2 3/4" 1oz. rifled slugs.  I fire them from my 21" barreled Mossberg 500.  I get a 3-4" group at 100 yards.

I guess, I'm cheap, but it works.............

OSA
Link Posted: 11/18/2002 4:08:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Lightfields are very popular 'round these parts.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top