Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/14/2002 9:06:24 PM EDT
I have a problem with my Thermolds and Orlites not being drop free. I read in one post sometime back that you can sand orlites to make them drop free, but when I inquired about the procedure, the author never returned my post.

Anyone have any ideas?
Link Posted: 11/14/2002 9:30:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/15/2002 11:54:25 AM EDT
[#2]
Agree w/ Troy on the Orlites, but the only problem I've ever had w/ Thermolds was with the rib at the rear of the mag rubbing the channel in the reciever; easily fixed by sanding the rib at the point of the rubbing.  Also some of the aftermarket brands (Bushmaster and Rock River at my house) don't chamfer the bottom of the mag well as deeply as Colt, and I've had to cut just a bit of the top of the rib on the Thermolds.  On the other hand, never had a problem either with Orlites or Thermolds in my Colt SP1
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top