Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/14/2002 8:47:29 PM EDT
I was watching one of those shooting shows the other day, and they showed a cleaning solution which features a bucket full of cleaning solution which you can just dunk Glocks and HK's in.  Total immersion; it cleans and lubricates all in one dunking.  Does anybody know what the name of this stuff is and where I can get it?  Thanks.
Link Posted: 11/14/2002 8:52:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/14/2002 9:47:36 PM EDT
[#2]
I've removed the grips and dunked my East German Makarov in a coffee can full of Ed's Red.

It has acetone in the formula so I don't think I would put a plastic handgun in there.

A coffee can full of Ballistol would be kind of pricey.

A quart of Ed's Red costs about a buck.

Dennis Jenkins

Quoted:
I was watching one of those shooting shows the other day, and they showed a cleaning solution which features a bucket full of cleaning solution which you can just dunk Glocks and HK's in.  Total immersion; it cleans and lubricates all in one dunking.  Does anybody know what the name of this stuff is and where I can get it?  Thanks.

Link Posted: 11/14/2002 11:01:15 PM EDT
[#3]
 I saw the same show, here's a link to the Poly-Dunk_it site.  http://shop.cylinder-slide.com/clickcartpro/cgi-bin/cp-app.cgi?usr=&pg=cat&ref=4
 It was on the Gun Tech portion of American Shooter a few weeks ago.

mm
Link Posted: 11/15/2002 5:41:10 AM EDT
[#4]
Dont know how good this stuff is but maybe you could brew your own: www.biggerhammer.net/m96/wwwboard/index.cgi?read=4471

:edited cause im cool like that.
Link Posted: 11/16/2002 8:15:30 AM EDT
[#5]
the cheap (but slow) way out is to use a 50/50 mix of AT fluid and kerosene.  It takes a few days on all steel, DK what it would do to Tupperware....
Link Posted: 11/16/2002 1:08:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top