Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/13/2002 2:25:37 PM EDT
I own 3 pistols, Glock, Sig Arms, and Smith and Wesson, and a Winchester 22 and a new AR 15 A2. Would these justify a gun safe?
Link Posted: 11/13/2002 2:31:15 PM EDT
[#1]
In my opinion if the safe cost less than the total cost your firearms get one, and get bigger than you need. You will buy more guns!
Link Posted: 11/13/2002 2:57:24 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I own 3 pistols, Glock, Sig Arms, and Smith and Wesson, and a Winchester 22 and a new AR 15 A2. Would these justify a gun safe?

Darn tootin'it does. When I bought and paid for mine and set it in the basement, it felt like the weight of the world lifted off my shoulders. I could now leave home and go away without disassembling and hiding a multitude of weapons and actually enjoy myself for once. It was the best investment I've ever made. I like the Heritage brand. Thinmans statement is true about getting a big one also. I keep more than guns in mine. Best of Luck.
MM419
Link Posted: 11/13/2002 5:01:56 PM EDT
[#3]
ABSOLUTELY!  As a responsible gun owner, it is your duty to keep your firearms secure.  Stolen guns do more crime (thieves do it actually) than legally-obtained guns.
Link Posted: 11/13/2002 5:06:57 PM EDT
[#4]
I agree. I feel much better about my collection knowing they are 'safely' locked up. Its not even the fire-proof thing so much as the 700lbs of "can't touch this" that makes me feel comfortable when I'm away.

Link Posted: 11/13/2002 5:11:23 PM EDT
[#5]
i felt much better after i bought my safe,knowing my guns were locked up.

buy the biggest you can afford ,it fills up fast.
Link Posted: 11/14/2002 5:19:52 AM EDT
[#6]
YES............!!!!

by all means buy a good gun safe....., & buy the biggest avaiable, not only do they fill up fast, you may find yourself needing a second one..!

i have all my guns in mine, except for a few home defense weapons that are stashed in places only me & my wife know about, i also keep all my spare ammo in mine too....., along with important documents, etc.
Link Posted: 11/14/2002 5:53:19 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 11/14/2002 10:02:10 AM EDT
[#8]
I had three rifles and a handgun before I got a safe (amsec. teton) prior to that I had silly hiding spots in my garage. The peace of mind is worth it ten fold, the security lifted a huge weight off my sholders, I just wish I did it sooner.
Link Posted: 11/14/2002 11:32:42 AM EDT
[#9]
I too have been considering getting a safe.  What are some good makes??  Any good sites to check out??

Dis
Link Posted: 11/14/2002 5:49:35 PM EDT
[#10]
Agreed, peace of mind is worth the $$.  I have a Champion and it is a top quality piece of equipment.  I like it almost as much as what's inside...almost....
Link Posted: 11/14/2002 7:00:10 PM EDT
[#11]
Here's my Cannon #23:

It's made of thick gauge and fireproof "Burl" wood .
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top