Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/13/2002 7:42:11 AM EDT
Gonna get one or the other for my baby boy to use in a few years - any opinions on one vs the other?  Best place to purchase?

TIA
Link Posted: 11/13/2002 8:01:56 AM EDT
[#1]
I prefer this.

He'll probably enjoy shooting it even beyond his introductory years.
Link Posted: 11/13/2002 8:25:14 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 11/13/2002 9:11:20 AM EDT
[#3]
I just bought a Cricket with the composite stock for my 6 year old's Christmas.  I've handled them both and they are equaly good starter guns.  And I like the peep sights too.
Link Posted: 11/13/2002 10:02:20 AM EDT
[#4]
Tate,
I was looking at both about a month ago, and found them out to be the same. Couple of folks told me that both owners where brothers and started out as partners but parted ways. Dunno if that is true or not.
At any rate, i ended up getting this for my daughter:

Ofcourse after buying the Henry for about 150 bucks, i saw a chipmunk for sale at 100 buckseven at a local wallworld - with synthetic stocks. Saw the same price at another wallyworld just last week.

Gotta love the bright sites of the Henry though.
DD
Link Posted: 11/13/2002 1:04:29 PM EDT
[#5]
CRAP!  

That kid needs to get out in the woods and off the couch playing PS/2!

Link Posted: 11/13/2002 1:22:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Bought my oldest grandson a stainless/composite Cricket at the last evil gunshow I attended. He already has a few other guns waiting. Little guy doesn't know it yet but he is already better armed than 95% of the cops in America!
Link Posted: 11/13/2002 1:41:25 PM EDT
[#7]
although not an option you posted, I recently acquired a Rossi "matched pair" for my 8yo Christmas gift.  I already got a scope mount for it and the red dot sight should be here tomorrow.
I got mine at Sportsmans Warehouse for $119.00.

It comes with a .22 and .410 bbls

Link Posted: 11/13/2002 7:40:05 PM EDT
[#8]
I picked up the Henry Minibolt for my daughter. She likes it alot. It seems to be well made. She has a little trouble manually cocking it. The sights are definitely bright. I was surprised about how accurate it is. I wish it had a rear aperture sight.
Link Posted: 11/13/2002 8:06:40 PM EDT
[#9]
Question...  I checked out one of these in the gunshop the other day.  I could not figure out how one could eject a loaded but unfired round.

Does anyone know if this is possible and if so HOW?
Link Posted: 11/13/2002 8:34:10 PM EDT
[#10]
My niece has the Henry mini-bolt, has nayone else had the front sight warp? Maybe it was the Vegas summer heat but it is an "S" now. Bob
Link Posted: 11/13/2002 11:22:49 PM EDT
[#11]

For a review of the Chipmunk...

www.gunblast.com/Chipmunk.htm

I have been very pleased with the Chipmunks that I have seen.

I will be getting 3 of them this year for Christmas presents for the kids...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top