Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/9/2002 6:20:48 PM EDT

I'm currently in a search for a new addition to the firearms family and have been looking at a RRA CAR. Don't have too much intel on them but they seem to be good quality. What are they like,chrome lined bbls???,receiver quality??? etc. How about price??? Any info will be helpful. THANKS!!!!!
Link Posted: 11/9/2002 6:25:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Mine doesn't have a chrome lined barrel, but you can get that as an option. Receiver wise, and fit and finish wise, they are as good as any, and normally cheaper. Mine has been as reliable as any AR I have ever used, and that includes Colt, Bushmaster, Armalite, Olympic etc. Buy one, you won't be disapointed.
Link Posted: 11/10/2002 6:20:36 AM EDT
[#2]
According to another post around here someplace, RRA is only chroming their M4 profile barrels.

Part quality, including the lower is on a par with other manufactures (Bushmaster, etc), at a lower price.

I have an RRA M4gery and am very happy with the fit, finish and operation.
Link Posted: 11/10/2002 9:08:58 AM EDT
[#3]
Rock River Arms are good to go.  I like the fit and finish and would not hesitate to buy another.

Max
Link Posted: 11/10/2002 9:09:21 AM EDT
[#4]
Std trigger on RRA assembled rifles is a National Match Trigger. This is about a $100+ option on Bushies or ArmaLites.

We get our Rock Rivers direct from Rock River.
Link Posted: 11/10/2002 10:03:36 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
According to another post around here someplace, RRA is only chroming their M4 profile barrels.

WTF? This is email from Brownells when I asked about RRA chromelined M4 barrels...

I just spoke with the factory Rock River Arms.

The only barrel they have available in chromed line 5.56 Nato Chamber is a 16" barrel.

Thank you,

Angie Benson
Brownell's, Inc.
Purchasing Dept.

Link Posted: 11/10/2002 10:16:09 AM EDT
[#6]
I guess I will be negative. I'm hoping it is
an isolated issue.

I just recently aquired a RRA 9mm.
Its a peice of shit. The fucking thing has really
bad jams. I'm in the process of getting it ironed
out with RRA. If they don't replace it. Expect me to dog them.
I hope its just one of those guns made on monday

Link Posted: 11/10/2002 12:59:44 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

WTF? This is email from Brownells when I asked about RRA chromelined M4 barrels...

I just spoke with the factory Rock River Arms.

The only barrel they have available in chromed line 5.56 Nato Chamber is a 16" barrel.

Thank you,

Angie Benson
Brownell's, Inc.
Purchasing Dept.

That is correct, the M4 bbls are 16". RR will not be making any 14.5" bbls until after Jan. 2003.
Link Posted: 11/10/2002 3:27:21 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 11/10/2002 3:49:01 PM EDT
[#9]
RRA rocks, hands down. Incredible engineering, incredible STOCK trigger, fit, finish!!!!!

I love it!!!!

(Std a2)
Link Posted: 11/10/2002 5:11:49 PM EDT
[#10]
Only reason I don't have a RRA AR is because I already have a Bushmaster...I have heard nothing but good things about them.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top